Docs for IDE hooks

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
I wanted to pass along some tips to a budding plugins developer on how
to use the new IDE APIs, but had a difficult time finding that
documentation in the v8 or v9 installs.

After poking around a bit on the web I was able to find this handy blog
post:
<https://livecode.com/how-to-create-plugins-and-tools-with-the-livecode-8-0-ide/>

Is that information somewhere in the installed docs and I just missed it?

Re: Docs for IDE hooks

AndyP
Hi Richard,
Thanks for pointing this out.
Do you know if there is an updated full list of messages one can subscribe to?
I've looked in the dictionary and searching for subscribe and publish does not bring up any info?
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode TinyIDE

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Re: Docs for IDE hooks

On 06/24/2017 02:58 AM, AndyP via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> Thanks for pointing this out.
> Do you know if there is an updated full list of messages one can subscribe
> to?
> I've looked in the dictionary and searching for subscribe and publish does
> not bring up any info?

At the moment there's a limited list of messages.

Look in the script of revidelibrary.8.livecodescript... the function
revIDEMessages() has a list and there are three more in the
revIDEMessageIsValid() function. From the messagebox, issuing the
command "put revIDEMessages()" will give you most of them.

Note that none of this is documented at the moment. If you're going to
try to subscribe to a message, make sure to unsubscribe when you close
the subscribing stack or issue a revIDEunsubscribeall command, otherwise
you'll end up with some unexpected experiences. Even there's no explicit
documentation for the pubsub mechanism, the comments in the script are
very good.