Drag And Drop Rows

Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode
I was examining the API for Datagrid2 in 9 dp 11

Swiping looks interesting, but I'm also looking for " drag-to-arrange"  for mobile

With similar "cool" UI animation behavior where if you drag a sub-mini-group, which comprises a row of a large vertically or horizontal scrolling parent group, there is some delta which, when entered, if the row being dragged up or down, or left and right, pausem and suddenly the two underlying rows separate and allow you to drop the drag-row to this new location. The better designed ones, the underlying rows are reacting during the drag until the user drops.

Has anyone build such a thing? If so, can you share?

use cases: Like in Spotify, where album covers with titles and artists names are subgroups and these would be on a left to right scrolling group that the user could rearrange. In "My Book Library" data grid is vertical, user wants to re-arrange to manually sort her/his titles vertically. Re-arrange "Favorites"  list (made up of complex subgroups with icons text and other data in a row) etc.  Rearrange an outline, etc… many similar scenarios.

BR