Dreamcard Spell Check

Douglas Gilliland
I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
doesn't work.
Thanks,
Doug Gilliland

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

see3d
Doug,

Yup, don't waste your money.  I purchased a spelling checker program
that runs fine in Tiger, but is incompatible with DreamCard IDE.  I
have already BZ'd it.  I would really like to see the built-in
checker work in the IDE, I hate misspelling my comments.

Are you looking to spell check inside the IDE or are you looking for
your application script to spell check in text field inputs?

Dennis

On Jul 1, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Douglas Gilliland wrote:

> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
> doesn't work.
> Thanks,
> Doug Gilliland

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

Derek Bump
Douglas Gilliland wrote:
> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
> doesn't work.

Doug,

At the moment I am working on a Spell Checker Plugin for Revolution and
Dreamcard.  It includes current dictionary(s) and checks the spelling of
button/field labels as well as field contents.

Give me a few days, I'll get back to work on it, and maybe I'll have
something for you and everyone else.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

Ken Ray
On 7/1/05 3:39 PM, "Douglas Gilliland" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
> doesn't work.

You might want to try Hugh Senior's spell checker:

http://www.flexiblelearning.com/xtalk.htm

click on "SpellChecker" link... it was specially built for use in
Revolution.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

Thomas McGrath III
Doug there was a discussion a little while ago on the list about spell
checkers. Search the google with spell checker and you should turn up a
couple of freebies.

Here is the link that I use:

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com

It will produce 45 results about spell checkers. Here is a couple of
answers from the results:

Spell Catcher X by Cassidy & Green. It works very well w Rev.
Here's the URL:
http://www.casadyg.com/

AND

You might check out something like this:
http://www.nist.gov/dads/HTML/doubleMetaphone.html

There are other similar algorithms also, but basically it would allow
you to make phonetic matches.
You might also look at some of the links here:
http://aspell.sourceforge.net/

And here is another link to spell checker friendly word lists:
http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/

HTH

Tom

On Jul 1, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Douglas Gilliland wrote:

> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
> doesn't work.
> Thanks,
> Doug Gilliland

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.9, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.6

Advanced Media Group
Eagle Works Art & Sculpture
Semantic Compaction Systems
Prentke Romich Company
Prentke Romich International
SCIconics, LLC
Artist
Thomas J McGrath III

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

M Young
On Jul 2, 2005, at 2:51 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Doug there was a discussion a little while ago on the list about spell
> checkers. Search the google with spell checker and you should turn up a
> couple of freebies.
>
> Here is the link that I use:
>
> http://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:lists.runrev.com
>
> It will produce 45 results about spell checkers. Here is a couple of
> answers from the results:
>
> Spell Catcher X by Cassidy & Green. It works very well w Rev.
> Here's the URL:
> http://www.casadyg.com/

Unfortunately, software publisher Casady and Greene went out of
business.

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2003/07/02.16.shtml

Fortunately, Spell Catcher for MacOS and Windows is still available.

http://www.rainmakerinc.com/

HTH,

Michael Young

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

Sivakatirswami
Derek... any news on your spell checker plugin?

Sivakatirswami

On Jul 01, 2005, at 12:45 PM, Derek Bump wrote:

> Douglas Gilliland wrote:
>
>> I'm new to Revolution and can't find a spell check built into the
>> program. Any suggestions other than purchasing a spell check program?
>> I'm working on a G4 PowerBook, and Tiger's  built-in spell check
>> doesn't work.
>>

> Doug,
>
> At the moment I am working on a Spell Checker Plugin for Revolution
> and Dreamcard.  It includes current dictionary(s) and checks the
> spelling of button/field labels as well as field contents.
>
> Give me a few days, I'll get back to work on it, and maybe I'll
> have something for you and everyone else.
>

> Derek Bump
> Dreamscape Software

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

Derek Bump
Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Derek... any news on your spell checker plugin?

Sorry, was taken away from that project.  I'll send you what I've got in
the morning.  And yes, it does all that you want it to do.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Re: Dreamcard Spell Check

scott@elementarysoftware.com
Derek
What about the rest of us?  At least some of us anxious as well.
-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)
web     http://elementarysoftware.com/