Dropbox help 2

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Friends,

what is wrong with this script?

Anything to INTI before using "dropboxupload"?
Or anything else I forgot?

LC 9 dp 11, macOS 10.13.2.

put url("binfile:/Volumes/HD500/Dokumente2/test1.livecode") into pData
## a small stack of 27 KB
put "My personal Access token as generated from Dropbox here" into pAccessToken
dropboxUpload pAccessToken, "dropboxtestlc1.rev", "overwrite", FALSE, FALSE, pData
put it into fld 1
## I waited for hours, but fld 1 remains empty? No error, nada...

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 2

dunbarx via use-livecode
Am 20.01.2018 um 19:42 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Friends,

> Anything to INTI before using "dropboxupload"?

sorry, I meant INIT.

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 2

dunbarx via use-livecode
On 1/20/18 12:42 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Friends,
>
> what is wrong with this script?
>
> Anything to INTI before using "dropboxupload"?
> Or anything else I forgot?
>
> LC 9 dp 11, macOS 10.13.2.

> put url("binfile:/Volumes/HD500/Dokumente2/test1.livecode") into pData
> ## a small stack of 27 KB
> put "My personal Access token as generated from Dropbox here" into pAccessToken
> dropboxUpload pAccessToken, "dropboxtestlc1.rev", "overwrite", FALSE, FALSE, pData
> put it into fld 1
> ## I waited for hours, but fld 1 remains empty? No error, nada...

Try checking the result too.

Re: Dropbox help 2

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Jaques,

> Am 20.01.2018 um 20:58 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> On 1/20/18 12:42 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi Friends,
>> what is wrong with this script?
>> Anything to INTI before using "dropboxupload"?
>> Or anything else I forgot?
>> LC 9 dp 11, macOS 10.13.2.
>> put url("binfile:/Volumes/HD500/Dokumente2/test1.livecode") into pData
>> ## a small stack of 27 KB
>> put "My personal Access token as generated from Dropbox here" into pAccessToken
>> dropboxUpload pAccessToken, "dropboxtestlc1.rev", "overwrite", FALSE, FALSE, pData
>> put it into fld 1
>> ## I waited for hours, but fld 1 remains empty? No error, nada...
>
> Try checking the result too.

ah, yes, sure! 8-)

I get -> tsneterr: HTTP response code 400 returned from server

According to the Dropbox API docs this means -> Bad input parameter.
(if the LC dropbox library uses the HTTP protocol!)

So what parameter in my script may be wrong, if this is the actual problem?

Thank you!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 2

dunbarx via use-livecode
HA! Found it! :-)

I had to add a SLASH at the beginning og the PATH parameter:
dropboxUpload pAccessToken, "/dropboxtestlc1.rev", "overwrite", FALSE, FALSE, pData

> Am 20.01.2018 um 21:11 schrieb Klaus major-k via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi Jaques,
>
>> Am 20.01.2018 um 20:58 schrieb J. Landman Gay via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> On 1/20/18 12:42 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>> Hi Friends,
>>> what is wrong with this script?
>>> Anything to INTI before using "dropboxupload"?
>>> Or anything else I forgot?
>>> LC 9 dp 11, macOS 10.13.2.
>>> put url("binfile:/Volumes/HD500/Dokumente2/test1.livecode") into pData
>>> ## a small stack of 27 KB
>>> put "My personal Access token as generated from Dropbox here" into pAccessToken
>>> dropboxUpload pAccessToken, "dropboxtestlc1.rev", "overwrite", FALSE, FALSE, pData
>>> put it into fld 1
>>> ## I waited for hours, but fld 1 remains empty? No error, nada...
>>
>> Try checking the result too.
>
> ah, yes, sure! 8-)
>
> I get -> tsneterr: HTTP response code 400 returned from server
>
> According to the Dropbox API docs this means -> Bad input parameter.
> (if the LC dropbox library uses the HTTP protocol!)
>
> So what parameter in my script may be wrong, if this is the actual problem?
>
> Thank you!

> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --