Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi friends,

OK, now I'm able to uplod files to my dropbox, but if I want to publish the app,
I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox into my app!?

The user will only be able to print to a PDF and then upload this PDF to his Dropbox,
so nothing fancy, just upload a file to his dropbox.

After reading teh Dropbox API docs, I have a basic understanding how this works,
but have no idea how to practically implement this into Livecode.

Any hints highly appreciated, thank you!

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
What specifically would you like to know, Klaus?
use dropboxUpload to do an upload.

Check out Gerard's Dropbox API v2 stack for a stack you can use to play so
you can understand what's going on.
I don't think he has his own repo, so you can download it from mine:
https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2
The api is slightly different than LC's library, because when Monte wrote
LC's he made changes to Gerard's code to support things like asynchronous
calls, but they map 1:1.
Don't forget that unlike in the phx library, you have to add a slash on the
front of all your paths in both Gerard's and LC's libraries.

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> OK, now I'm able to uplod files to my dropbox, but if I want to publish
> the app,
> I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox into my
> app!?
>
> The user will only be able to print to a PDF and then upload this PDF to
> his Dropbox,
> so nothing fancy, just upload a file to his dropbox.
>
> After reading teh Dropbox API docs, I have a basic understanding how this
> works,
> but have no idea how to practically implement this into Livecode.
>
> Any hints highly appreciated, thank you!
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

> Am 29.01.2018 um 19:55 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> What specifically would you like to know, Klaus?
> use dropboxUpload to do an upload.

yes, sure, that works on my machine, but not on other user computers and/or
mobile devices!

Therefore my question for the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox
and how to implement this in Livecode.

> Check out Gerard's Dropbox API v2 stack for a stack you can use to play so
> you can understand what's going on.
> I don't think he has his own repo, so you can download it from mine:
> https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2
> The api is slightly different than LC's library, because when Monte wrote
> LC's he made changes to Gerard's code to support things like asynchronous
> calls, but they map 1:1.
> Don't forget that unlike in the phx library, you have to add a slash on the
> front of all your paths in both Gerard's and LC's libraries.

yes, thanks, already been bitten by that one :-D

Thank you, will look at the above mentioned library!

> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi friends,
>>
>> OK, now I'm able to uplod files to my dropbox, but if I want to publish
>> the app,
>> I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox into my
>> app!?
>>
>> The user will only be able to print to a PDF and then upload this PDF to
>> his Dropbox,
>> so nothing fancy, just upload a file to his dropbox.
>>
>> After reading teh Dropbox API docs, I have a basic understanding how this
>> works,
>> but have no idea how to practically implement this into Livecode.
>>
>> Any hints highly appreciated, thank you!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
What is failing on mobile or other machines?  Are you getting an error?
That reminds me, I have a more recent version of the LC dropbox library
that does more complete error reporting.  If I remember correctly Monte is
going to integrate this version in an upcoming LC but I don't remember when
or if it's in 9 DP11
Attach this as a substack.  The error reporting will be more descriptive:
https://github.com/macMikey/LCDropboxLibrary

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> > Am 29.01.2018 um 19:55 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]>:
> >
> > What specifically would you like to know, Klaus?
> > use dropboxUpload to do an upload.
>
> yes, sure, that works on my machine, but not on other user computers and/or
> mobile devices!
>
> Therefore my question for the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox
> and how to implement this in Livecode.
>
> > Check out Gerard's Dropbox API v2 stack for a stack you can use to play
> so
> > you can understand what's going on.
> > I don't think he has his own repo, so you can download it from mine:
> > https://github.com/macMikey/dropboxapi_v2
> > The api is slightly different than LC's library, because when Monte wrote
> > LC's he made changes to Gerard's code to support things like asynchronous
> > calls, but they map 1:1.
> > Don't forget that unlike in the phx library, you have to add a slash on
> the
> > front of all your paths in both Gerard's and LC's libraries.
>
> yes, thanks, already been bitten by that one :-D
>
> Thank you, will look at the above mentioned library!
>
> > On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 12:25 PM, Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi friends,
> >>
> >> OK, now I'm able to uplod files to my dropbox, but if I want to publish
> >> the app,
> >> I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox into
> my
> >> app!?
> >>
> >> The user will only be able to print to a PDF and then upload this PDF to
> >> his Dropbox,
> >> so nothing fancy, just upload a file to his dropbox.
> >>
> >> After reading teh Dropbox API docs, I have a basic understanding how
> this
> >> works,
> >> but have no idea how to practically implement this into Livecode.
> >>
> >> Any hints highly appreciated, thank you!
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

> Am 29.01.2018 um 21:11 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> What is failing on mobile or other machines?  Are you getting an error?

I can use MY accesstoken on MY machine, but that will not work on other machines.

On other machines I need to implement the "OAuth app authorization flow" of Dropbox
as described here: <https://www.dropbox.com/developers/reference/oauth-guide>

And I have no idea how that should look/be done in Livecode.

Can this be scripted completely or does the user really need to copy a token at Dropbox
and enter in my application? That is the part I really don't get...

> That reminds me, I have a more recent version of the LC dropbox library
> that does more complete error reporting.  If I remember correctly Monte is
> going to integrate this version in an upcoming LC but I don't remember when
> or if it's in 9 DP11
> Attach this as a substack.  The error reporting will be more descriptive:
> https://github.com/macMikey/LCDropboxLibrary

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
I forgot that Gerard has a repo up, now.  It's at
https://github.com/gmcrev/DropBoxAPI2livecode.  Grab that.  There's a
button for documentation or something like that at the top.  That takes you
to a second card that describes what you have to do.  I am not aware of any
code that completely automates the process.

Re: Dropbox help 3 (OAuth app authorization flow?)

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

> Am 30.01.2018 um 15:58 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> I forgot that Gerard has a repo up, now.  It's at
> https://github.com/gmcrev/DropBoxAPI2livecode.  Grab that.  There's a
> button for documentation or something like that at the top.  That takes you
> to a second card that describes what you have to do.  I am not aware of any
> code that completely automates the process.

thank you, will take a look at that library!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major