Dropbox help

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi freidns,

now I created a new "app" at my Dropbox account and received an
app ID and an app "secret".

Now I want to simply upload a file to my dropbox but what on earth
has the infamous "pAccessToken" to do with the app ID and app "secret"?

If nothing where can I get my "pAccessToken"?
put url("binfile:" & path_to_pdf_file_here) into pData
dropboxUpload ?????????, "name_of_target_file.pdf", "overwrite", "", "", pData

As you see, i have no idea so far, any help much appreciated! :-)

Best

Klaus
--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help

dunbarx via use-livecode
Does this help?

https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2014/05/generate-an-access-token-for-your-own-account/
<https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2014/05/generate-an-access-token-for-your-own-account/>

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode

Re: Dropbox help

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Andy,

> Am 16.01.2018 um 15:09 schrieb AndyP via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Does this help?
>
> https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2014/05/generate-an-access-token-for-your-own-account/
> <https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2014/05/generate-an-access-token-for-your-own-account/>

yes, thanks a lot!

> -----
> Andy Piddock

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de

Re: Dropbox help

dunbarx via use-livecode
Klaus,
The good news is that this is all fairly straightforward.
appKey, appSecret, tokenKey, and tokenSecret are all obsolete and should
not do anything.  You need the “Generated Access Token”.
1) Go to www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
2) Tap on your app
3) Scroll down to the “Generated access token” button.  Hit the button,
copy the code
4) This is your oauth2 token that you will use in your code
4.5) I have “allow implicit grant” set to “Allow” for several of my apps,
because it makes the process less complicated, but YMMV.  I do not fiddle
with the URL’s, redirects, webhooks, etc.
5) If you’re using 9, use LC’s dropbox library that is built into LC. If
you’re using 8, you can copy it from 9 or you can grab it from my github
repo (I’m a couple commits ahead of LC’s version due to a couple bug
fixes).  www.github.com/macmikey/lcdropboxlibrary
6) Grab Gerard’s dropbox 2 stack either from his repo or from mine so you
can do some testing with something we know works.  His api is slightly
different b/c Monte modified it when he added it to LC, but the syntax is
close enough and the mapping is 1:1.  Gerard has a couple of new features
he just added that have not been integrated into LC’s library, yet.

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 09:04 Klaus major-k via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi freidns,
>
> now I created a new "app" at my Dropbox account and received an
> app ID and an app "secret".
>
> Now I want to simply upload a file to my dropbox but what on earth
> has the infamous "pAccessToken" to do with the app ID and app "secret"?
>
> If nothing where can I get my "pAccessToken"?
> put url("binfile:" & path_to_pdf_file_here) into pData
> dropboxUpload ?????????, "name_of_target_file.pdf", "overwrite", "", "",
> pData
>
> As you see, i have no idea so far, any help much appreciated! :-)
>

> Best
>
> Klaus
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: Dropbox help

dunbarx via use-livecode
Hi Mike,

> Am 16.01.2018 um 15:28 schrieb Mike Kerner via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Klaus,
> The good news is that this is all fairly straightforward.
> appKey, appSecret, tokenKey, and tokenSecret are all obsolete and should
> not do anything.  You need the “Generated Access Token”.
> 1) Go to www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
> 2) Tap on your app
> 3) Scroll down to the “Generated access token” button.  Hit the button,
> copy the code
> 4) This is your oauth2 token that you will use in your code
> 4.5) I have “allow implicit grant” set to “Allow” for several of my apps,
> because it makes the process less complicated, but YMMV.  I do not fiddle
> with the URL’s, redirects, webhooks, etc.
> 5) If you’re using 9, use LC’s dropbox library that is built into LC. If
> you’re using 8, you can copy it from 9 or you can grab it from my github
> repo (I’m a couple commits ahead of LC’s version due to a couple bug
> fixes).  www.github.com/macmikey/lcdropboxlibrary
> 6) Grab Gerard’s dropbox 2 stack either from his repo or from mine so you
> can do some testing with something we know works.  His api is slightly
> different b/c Monte modified it when he added it to LC, but the syntax is
> close enough and the mapping is 1:1.  Gerard has a couple of new features
> he just added that have not been integrated into LC’s library, yet.

thanks a lot!

Best

Klaus

--