Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

graham samuel
I just read this under 'audioClip' in the Dictionary tab of the
embedded documentation for RR 2.6.1:

> The audio clip object has a number of properties and messages
> associated with it. To see a list of messages that can be sent to
> an audio clip as a result of user actions or internal Revolution
> events, open the "Transcript Language Dictionary" page of the main
> Documentation window, and choose "Audio Clip Messages" from the
> Show menu at the top.

I can't find a way to open the Transcript Language Dictionary and get
a menu bar other than the normal RunRev development menu, which
doesn't have a 'Show' menu. Am I supposed to open the Dictionary as a
standalone or something? I imagine everyone else knows the answer -
it's quite a long time since I've tried to find indirect info of this
kind. BTW I did eventually find the info using the 'objects' button
in the Docs window, but the route described above remains obscure to me.

TIA

Graham

Re: Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

Alex Tweedly
graham samuel wrote:

> I just read this under 'audioClip' in the Dictionary tab of the
> embedded documentation for RR 2.6.1:
>
>> The audio clip object has a number of properties and messages
>> associated with it. To see a list of messages that can be sent to  an
>> audio clip as a result of user actions or internal Revolution
>> events, open the "Transcript Language Dictionary" page of the main
>> Documentation window, and choose "Audio Clip Messages" from the  Show
>> menu at the top.
>

> I can't find a way to open the Transcript Language Dictionary and get
> a menu bar other than the normal RunRev development menu, which
> doesn't have a 'Show' menu. Am I supposed to open the Dictionary as a
> standalone or something? I imagine everyone else knows the answer -
> it's quite a long time since I've tried to find indirect info of this
> kind. BTW I did eventually find the info using the 'objects' button
> in the Docs window, but the route described above remains obscure to me.

Those instructions are for Rev documentation pre 2.5  (the docs were
significantly revised and improved at 2.5).
The instructions work fine for 2.2 :-)

But if you don't have Rev 2.2 still installed, try

1. select the Objects button in the toolbar at the top of the doc window
2. expand the left menu/tree for   + Objects   +  AudioClip  + message
and you get the equivalent info.

--
Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Re: Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

graham samuel
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 12:32:17 +0000, Alex Tweedly <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
> Those instructions are for Rev documentation pre 2.5  (the docs were
> significantly revised and improved at 2.5).
> The instructions work fine for 2.2 :-)
>
> But if you don't have Rev 2.2 still installed, try
>
> 1. select the Objects button in the toolbar at the top of the doc
> window
> 2. expand the left menu/tree for   + Objects   +  AudioClip  + message
> and you get the equivalent info.

Thanks Alex: from what you say, this amounts to a bug in the
documentation of 2.6.1. I will bugzilla this anomaly, as presumably
it will confuse others as much as it did me.

Graham

Re: Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

RogGuay
Alex,

AudioClip doesn't offer to expand to messages on my copy of 2.6.1.
What version are you using?  If I'm correct, is there yet another way
to get to the messages in version 2.6.1??

Cheers, Roger

Roger Guay wrote:

> Alex,
>
> AudioClip doesn't offer to expand to messages on my copy of 2.6.1.
> What version are you using?  If I'm correct, is there yet another way
> to get to the messages in version 2.6.1??

2.6.1 build 152

Each of the objects expands to further choices
   + all
   + message
   + property

Either "all" or "message" gives the message info.

This shouldn't be build-specific - works the same for me in 2.5, 2.6 and
2.6.1
(I only just deleted 2.5.1 so I can't try that one :-)

--
Alex Tweedly       http://www.tweedly.net

Re: Dumb question about RunRev Documentation

Dave Cragg

On 30 Oct 2005, at 16:37, Roger Guay wrote:

> Alex,
>
> AudioClip doesn't offer to expand to messages on my copy of 2.6.1.
> What version are you using?  If I'm correct, is there yet another
> way to get to the messages in version 2.6.1??
>
> Cheers, Roger

Be sure you don't have anything typed in the search box. This will
filter out stuff, and the audio clip entry may not show as expandable.

Dave