Engine Trouble

Cal Horner-2
Is it just me or is there a trouble with a generated engine again.

I can remember a few years (versions) ago that when an engine was created to
drive a stack  we got memory leakage (check the windows task manager) when
the app was closed. Simply put the stack closed but the engine stayed in
memory.

Has that problem resurrected itself with Elsie forty-five or have I simply left out as line OS script?

Re: Engine Trouble

Pierre Sahores-3
Cal,

Try this :

on quit
        save stack <yourstack>
        wait 1
        quit
end quit

Best,

Pierre

Le 9 oct. 2010 à 05:27, Cal Horner a écrit :

> Is it just me or is there a trouble with a generated engine again.
>
> I can remember a few years (versions) ago that when an engine was created to
> drive a stack  we got memory leakage (check the windows task manager) when
> the app was closed. Simply put the stack closed but the engine stayed in
> memory.
>
> Has that problem resurrected itself with Elsie forty-five or have I simply left out as line OS script?

Pierre Sahores
mobile : (33) 6 03 95 77 70

www.woooooooords.com
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: Engine Trouble

BNig
Cal,
do you have any pending messages from a send in time handler. I noticed in a standalone on Windows XP (the only one I tested) the app would not quit with pending messages, on MacOSX it did quit even with messages pending.
regards
Bernd

Re: Engine Trouble

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Cal,

Your message confused me but after reasing the other answers on this list I understood what's wrong. What you are describing is not memory leakage. It is simply a quit command badly executed. This solves the problem:

http://runrev.info/Save%20Way%20to%20a%20Quit.htm

You may need to remove the MySQL part from the script.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Download the Installer Maker plugin for Runtime Revolution at http://qurl.tk/ce Create installers for Mac and Windows on *every* Rev-compatible platform. No additional software needed.

On 9 okt 2010, at 05:27, Cal Horner wrote:

> Is it just me or is there a trouble with a generated engine again.
>
> I can remember a few years (versions) ago that when an engine was created to
> drive a stack  we got memory leakage (check the windows task manager) when
> the app was closed. Simply put the stack closed but the engine stayed in
> memory.
>
> Has that problem resurrected itself with Elsie forty-five or have I simply left out as line OS script?

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: Engine Trouble

J. Landman Gay
On 10/8/10 10:27 PM, Cal Horner wrote:
> Is it just me or is there a trouble with a generated engine again.
>
> I can remember a few years (versions) ago that when an engine was created to
> drive a stack  we got memory leakage (check the windows task manager) when
> the app was closed. Simply put the stack closed but the engine stayed in
> memory.
>
> Has that problem resurrected itself with Elsie forty-five or have I simply left out as line OS script?

Another thing that will prevent the engine from quitting are drivers
that are left open (the speech driver is a commonly forgotten one.)