Errant mouseRelease message?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
The drag and drop code in Navigator relies on mouseMove messages to do its
work, and since drags can exit the field where they started, mouseRelease
messages to stop.

When I first coded this, I sometimes got errant mouseRelease messages --
the mouse was still down, a check of "the mouse" in the mouseRelease would
report that the mouse was down, and yet the mouseRelease was still called,
and no more mouseMove messages were delivered.

I fixed that, and I don't know how.

Now the problem has cropped up again, and a quick scan through the diffs
(thanks, Git and GitKraken!) shows nothing that looks promising to have
caused this issue.

Any ideas? I'm on a mac, latest OS, LC 8.x

Re: Errant mouseRelease message?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
> Geoff C. wrote:
> I fixed that, and I don't know how.

Did you already try to solve that by using dragMove
instead of mouseMove?

Re: Errant mouseRelease message?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
I gave up using dragMove many years ago after finding that I couldn't make
it work with setting the selection of Navigator's list. There were too many
special cases that were either difficult or impossible, and it was so long
ago I don't remember what they all were. I happened on someone's (Scott
Rossi?) drag and drop code that just used mouseMove and never looked back.
At this point I'm ready to revert to a simple repeat until the mouse is up
loop.

gc

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:25 PM hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Geoff C. wrote:
> > I fixed that, and I don't know how.
>
> Did you already try to solve that by using dragMove
> instead of mouseMove?

Re: Errant mouseRelease message?

Geoff Canyon via use-livecode
To be clear: it's been at least five versions of LC since I last tried the
built-in drag and drop messages. The only thing stopping me from giving
them another try now is how much effort I spent trying to fit them to
Navigator's unusual circumstances back in the day. It's possible they'd
work for Navigator now.