Error Report

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I just compiled a Mac standalone. App works in the IDE. I get this error when I point at a datagrid control. This is my new function for displaying a tooltip when pointing at a datagrid record.

The error "Chunk: error in range start expression" is what throws me. I am passing the long ID of the datagrid control, and I am noticing that the ID of the control is in the millions (as you would expect of a stack that makes extensive use of datagrids for loading data from a database). Am I running into the issue of capping the id of an object??

Executing at 2:04:18 PM on Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Type: Chunk: error in range start expression
Object: group 'dgSites' of group 'grpSites' of card 'Main' of stack '/Applications/Forms Generator.app/Contents/MacOS/Forms Generator 8.livecode'
Line: dgToolTip tTarget, tKeyList
Line Num: 4932
Hint: dgIndexOfLine

Comments:

Re: Error Report

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
NVM I figured it out. I am failing to filter out datagrid objects that are NOT fields. I thought I had taken care of that but I guess not.

Bob S

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 14:07 , Bob Sneidar via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just compiled a Mac standalone. App works in the IDE. I get this error when I point at a datagrid control. This is my new function for displaying a tooltip when pointing at a datagrid record.
>
> The error "Chunk: error in range start expression" is what throws me. I am passing the long ID of the datagrid control, and I am noticing that the ID of the control is in the millions (as you would expect of a stack that makes extensive use of datagrids for loading data from a database). Am I running into the issue of capping the id of an object??
>
> Executing at 2:04:18 PM on Wednesday, July 12, 2017
> Type: Chunk: error in range start expression
> Object: group 'dgSites' of group 'grpSites' of card 'Main' of stack '/Applications/Forms Generator.app/Contents/MacOS/Forms Generator 8.livecode'
> Line: dgToolTip tTarget, tKeyList
> Line Num: 4932
> Hint: dgIndexOfLine
>
> Comments:

Re: Error Report

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hmmm... wrapping the entire contents of the dgToolTip handler in a try catch solves the problem, and the handler works flawlessly. Problem solved but I don't know why!

Re: Error Report

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
I found it. Apparently the header labels are themselves fields. I was filtering for fields but not excluding field "headerLabel".

Bob S