Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hello,

Since several months now, i’ve randomly error when i compile standalone for iOS(and rarely a crash of livecode). I’am the only one ?
I’ve a lot of files included (> 4000 for ± 90 Mo).

If you know a workaround…

Thanks !

LC 8.13, on macOS 10.11

Re: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Hi Ludovic,

What is the error message you are getting?

Best,
Panos
--

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 5:35 PM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Since several months now, i’ve randomly error when i compile standalone
> for iOS(and rarely a crash of livecode). I’am the only one ?
> I’ve a lot of files included (> 4000 for ± 90 Mo).
>
> If you know a workaround…
>
> Thanks !
>
> LC 8.13, on macOS 10.11

Re: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode

> Le 5 avr. 2017 à 19:14, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi Ludovic,
>
> What is the error message you are getting?
>
> Best,
> Panos

Now i’ve this error :

linkin for arm (arm64) failed with id: warning: id: warning: object file (/Applications/Livecode Indy […]/Device-10_2/Standalone) was built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being linked (7.0)object file (/private/var/[…]) was built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being linked (7.0)

Re: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
Ah yes, I see that occasionally (usually when I install a new version of
Xcode or LiveCode), but it seems to disappear on subsequent build attempts.

I have not managed to find a reproducible recipe though.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Le 5 avr. 2017 à 19:14, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Ludovic,
> >
> > What is the error message you are getting?
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
>
> Now i’ve this error :
>
> linkin for arm (arm64) failed with id: warning: id: warning: object file
> (/Applications/Livecode Indy […]/Device-10_2/Standalone) was built  for
> newer iOS version (10.2) then being linked (7.0)object file
> (/private/var/[…]) was built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being
> linked (7.0)

Re: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode

I have the error morte frequently. It seems to be more common when Livecode is in the background and during long compilations.

Ludovic

> Le 5 avr. 2017 à 21:07, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Ah yes, I see that occasionally (usually when I install a new version of
> Xcode or LiveCode), but it seems to disappear on subsequent build attempts.
>
> I have not managed to find a reproducible recipe though.
>
> On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>

>>> Le 5 avr. 2017 à 19:14, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> a écrit :
>>>
>>> Hi Ludovic,
>>>
>>> What is the error message you are getting?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Panos
>>
>> Now i’ve this error :
>>
>> linkin for arm (arm64) failed with id: warning: id: warning: object file
>> (/Applications/Livecode Indy […]/Device-10_2/Standalone) was built  for
>> newer iOS version (10.2) then being linked (7.0)object file
>> (/private/var/[…]) was built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being
>> linked (7.0)

RE: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode

Panos, I see this maybe 30% of this after first launching LC, then not again until a re-launch(maybe). I can build and build... with no error after the first error. If I don't get the error on the first build then I never see the error in that session. Can't seem to find a recipe.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

Ah yes, I see that occasionally (usually when I install a new version of Xcode or LiveCode), but it seems to disappear on subsequent build attempts.

I have not managed to find a reproducible recipe though.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 8:00 PM, Ludovic THEBAULT via use-livecode < [hidden email]> wrote:

> > Le 5 avr. 2017 à 19:14, panagiotis merakos via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi Ludovic,
> >
> > What is the error message you are getting?
> >
> > Best,
> > Panos
>
> Now i’ve this error :
>
> linkin for arm (arm64) failed with id: warning: id: warning: object
> file (/Applications/Livecode Indy […]/Device-10_2/Standalone) was
> built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being linked (7.0)object file
> (/private/var/[…]) was built  for newer iOS version (10.2) then being
> linked (7.0)

Re: Error when create iOS standalone, any workaround ?

Mark Waddingham via use-livecode
I've been running into this frequently.  This happens in a variety of
combinations.  Sometimes just running it again fixes it.  Sometimes it does
not.  The thing that most frequently resolves it is if I go into standalone
builder settings and change the target ios version, even just reselecting
the one that I already selected.

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Panos, I see this maybe 30% of this after first launching LC, then not
> again until a re-launch(maybe). I can build and build... with no error
> after the first error. If I don't get the error on the first build then I
> never see the error in that session. Can't seem to find a recipe.
>
> Ralph DiMola
> IT Director
> Evergreen Information Services
> [hidden email]