ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

xtalkprogrammer
Dear Revolution community,

It is a pleasure to announce that Economy-x-Talk is releasing a new
library for Runtime Revolution 2.2 and later, called ErrorLib.

ErrorLib gives you control of execution errors. With ErrorLib, you
decide whether errors are reported and how they are reported.
Password protected stacks no longer hamper bug reports from your
clients and you will get all error information Revolution can
possibly provide.

With errorLib, you have a simple light-weight set of commands and
functions that you can include with your standalones and use in the
IDE. You can easily parse error information and choose whether to
have the error displayed by the Revolution IDE, by the built-in
routines of errorLib, or in your own custom error dialog.

ErrorLib is shareware. Download ErrorLib from the Economy-x-Talk
website at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

Ken Ray
On 5/26/06 11:45 AM, "Mark Schonewille" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> ErrorLib is shareware. Download ErrorLib from the Economy-x-Talk
> website at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html.

Lookd good, Mark, but is there any way to download a copy and try it out
*before* buying?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Ken,

You should be able to use the library during one hour after opening
it. Next time you restart the IDE, you can try again.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 26-mei-2006, om 18:59 heeft Ken Ray het volgende geschreven:

> On 5/26/06 11:45 AM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille@economy-x-
> talk.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ErrorLib is shareware. Download ErrorLib from the Economy-x-Talk
>> website at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html.
>
> Lookd good, Mark, but is there any way to download a copy and try
> it out
> *before* buying?
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: [hidden email]

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

Ken Ray
On 5/26/06 12:02 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
> You should be able to use the library during one hour after opening
> it. Next time you restart the IDE, you can try again.

I guess my question was how to download it... the only buttons I see are
"buy" buttons.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

Stephen Barncard
Ken,

There are two links on the developer's page in a blue round rect.

http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html

they're only charging 9 Euros for this thing.

>On 5/26/06 12:02 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>>  Hi Ken,
>>
>>  You should be able to use the library during one hour after opening
>>  it. Next time you restart the IDE, you can try again.
>
>I guess my question was how to download it... the only buttons I see are
>"buy" buttons.
>
>Ken Ray
>Sons of Thunder Software
>Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
>Email: [hidden email]

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o
- - -  - - - - - - - - -

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Ken,

The download links are in the blue rectangle in the top-right of the
page <http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html>. It seems I should
try to make this more visible.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 26-mei-2006, om 19:55 heeft Ken Ray het volgende geschreven:

> I guess my question was how to download it... the only buttons I
> see are
> "buy" buttons.
>
> Ken Ray

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

mwieder
Ken-

Friday, May 26, 2006, 10:55:41 AM, you wrote:

> I guess my question was how to download it... the only buttons I see are
> "buy" buttons.

It's at the top of the page. The blue box that's labeled "Download
errorLib"...

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b01 released

Ken Ray
> There are two links on the developer's page in a blue round rect.

> The download links are in the blue rectangle in the top-right of the
> page <http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html>. It seems I should
> try to make this more visible.

> It's at the top of the page. The blue box that's labeled "Download
> errorLib"...

Whoops! just goes to show that I can't see the obvious...

;-)

Thanks guys!

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hello,

Economy-x-Talk has just released a maintenance update of ErrorLib.
This update has been saved in the old file format and is compatible
with Revolution 2.6.1 and earlier. The new library is available at
[...]

KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

Stephen Barncard
Does it work happy with Constellation?

sqb

>Hello,
>
>Economy-x-Talk has just released a maintenance update of ErrorLib.
>This update has been saved in the old file format and is compatible
>with Revolution 2.6.1 and earlier. The new library is available at
><http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html>.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o
- - -  - - - - - - - - -

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Stephen,

I haven't tried Constellation in combination with ErrorLib, because
there is no trial version of Constellation available. If you have
Constellation, you can put ErrorLib to the test. ErrorLib will work
in demo mode for one hour after opening it. Each time when you start
the Revolution IDE, you can try ErrorLib for one hour. I can't really
think of a reason why it wouldn't work with Constellation. If it
doesn't, please let me know.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 28-mei-2006, om 19:21 heeft Stephen Barncard het volgende geschreven:

> Does it work happy with Constellation?
>
> sqb
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Economy-x-Talk has just released a maintenance update of ErrorLib.
>> This update has been saved in the old file format and is
>> compatible with Revolution 2.6.1 and earlier. The new library is
>> available at <http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html>.

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

Stephen Barncard
Because I'm sure Jerry re-worked the Error reporting in Constellation
from the REV IDE - he's tapped into it somehow because the
write-run-error-debug-edit cycle is faster and Const has its own
error dialog.  However, the error messages are often inconclusive, as
is in the REV IDE.

I'll check ErrorLib out.

thanks
sqb

ps there are hundreds of us now using Constellation. Jerry's world
was a little weird at first but now we can't work without it -
especially the editor. You might look into how you could make your
plugin to work with his alt- plug system which is upwardly compatible
with his forthcoming (free) Galaxy system.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hi sqb,

I would expect it to be possible to get around Constellation's error
handling routines, just like it is possible to get around that of the
Rev IDE.

Best,

Mark

P.S. The Hundreds who bought Constellation are free to contact me in
case they encounter difficulties using it in combination with
ErrorLib. Your comments are highly appreciated.

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 28-mei-2006, om 20:51 heeft Stephen Barncard het volgende geschreven:

> Because I'm sure Jerry re-worked the Error reporting in
> Constellation from the REV IDE - he's tapped into it somehow
> because the write-run-error-debug-edit cycle is faster and Const
> has its own error dialog.  However, the error messages are often
> inconclusive, as is in the REV IDE.
>
> I'll check ErrorLib out.
>
> thanks
> sqb
>
> ps there are hundreds of us now using Constellation. Jerry's world
> was a little weird at first but now we can't work without it -
> especially the editor. You might look into how you could make your
> plugin to work with his alt- plug system which is upwardly
> compatible with his forthcoming (free) Galaxy system.

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

Martin BLACKMAN
Constellation seems to grab the error before errorlib.
In fact this would be the best way to have it, because we normally
want errorlib to do its stuff for standalones, not in the IDE.

You can of course set the option to use Rev script/error handling in
Constellation (ie 'switch it off') - this gets you back to errorlib
handling the errors.

On 29/05/06, Mark Schonewille <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi sqb,
>
> I would expect it to be possible to get around Constellation's error
> handling routines, just like it is possible to get around that of the
> Rev IDE.
>
> Best,
>
> Mark
>
> P.S. The Hundreds who bought Constellation are free to contact me in
> case they encounter difficulties using it in combination with
> ErrorLib. Your comments are highly appreciated.
>
> --
>
> Economy-x-Talk
> Consultancy and Software Engineering
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
>
> Salery is the easiest way to get your own web store on-line: http://
> www.salery.biz/salery.html
>

> Op 28-mei-2006, om 20:51 heeft Stephen Barncard het volgende geschreven:
>
> > Because I'm sure Jerry re-worked the Error reporting in
> > Constellation from the REV IDE - he's tapped into it somehow
> > because the write-run-error-debug-edit cycle is faster and Const
> > has its own error dialog.  However, the error messages are often
> > inconclusive, as is in the REV IDE.
> >
> > I'll check ErrorLib out.
> >
> > thanks
> > sqb
> >
> > ps there are hundreds of us now using Constellation. Jerry's world
> > was a little weird at first but now we can't work without it -
> > especially the editor. You might look into how you could make your
> > plugin to work with his alt- plug system which is upwardly
> > compatible with his forthcoming (free) Galaxy system.

Re: ErrorLib 1.0b02 released

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Martin,

This is good news. Thanks for figuring this out.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering
http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 29-mei-2006, om 6:51 heeft Martin Blackman het volgende geschreven: