Escape From Script In Use Blocking?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
if you manage to do something odd in an on preopencard script such that

a) no error msg appears
b) attempts to change the script are blocked with:

  "cannot change script while is it executing

How to you get out?  I have a good idea what is wrong but cannot change the script or enter a break point to step through the code to see issues?

cmd dot doesn’t halt anything either.

BR

Re: Escape From Script In Use Blocking?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Sometimes a hard coded breakpoint command works. But it's easier to click
the Messages button in the toolbar before going to the card so that no
messages are sent at all.

Note that in LC 9 dp6 I've had occasional lockups when using the Messages
button so save the stack first. The team couldn't reproduce it so there's
no fix yet, and I can't find a reliable recipe.