Example of Livecode function settings array syntax?

Example of Livecode function settings array syntax?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi folks,
I’m trying to add username & password to the pSettings parameter in the tsNetPost function but have no clue on the correct syntax for settings parameter arrays.

Unfortunately, the documentation is not helpful in this regard for the infrequent user - no brief syntax description, code examples or cross-references.

I’d be obliged if anyone could please point me at a dictionary entry containing a worked example or lesson showing correct function settings array syntax?
Thanks & regards,
Keith

Re: Example of Livecode function settings array syntax?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi Keith,

If you take a look at the following LC lesson for uploading a file via FTP with tsNet, it shows how to add a username and password to the settings parameter of a tsNet function (which in the example is the tsNetUploadSync command).

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/851756-how-to-upload-a-file-using-FTP

The same method works for all tsNet functions that accept a settings parameter.

Please let me know if that answers your question,

Regards,

Charles

> On 24 Jul 2018, at 6:15 pm, Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
> I’m trying to add username & password to the pSettings parameter in the tsNetPost function but have no clue on the correct syntax for settings parameter arrays.
>
> Unfortunately, the documentation is not helpful in this regard for the infrequent user - no brief syntax description, code examples or cross-references.
>
> I’d be obliged if anyone could please point me at a dictionary entry containing a worked example or lesson showing correct function settings array syntax?
> Thanks & regards,
> Keith

Re: Example of Livecode function settings array syntax?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi Charles,
Many thanks that’s exactly the cross-reference needed in the docs and has me over that hurdle
…and I’m onto a whole new set of error messages now! :-)
Best,
Keith