Expanding the text

jim hurley-3
I find that:

       Set the textstyle of field 1 to expanded

doesn't expand the text. (Mac OS X, Run Rev 2.5.1)

Anyone else finding this result?

Wishful thought: Wouldn't it be nice to be able to set the kerning?
"Set the textKern to 3"

Jim

Re: Expanding the text

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
At 9:44 AM -0700 6/11/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>I find that:
>
>       Set the textstyle of field 1 to expanded
>
>doesn't expand the text. (Mac OS X, Run Rev 2.5.1)

IIRC, Rev (and MetaCard) has never supported the expanded and
condensed text styles. Which is too bad, since there are times when
they're useful. (But they don't seem to be part of the standard set
of styles on OS X either.)
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [hidden email]
http://www.jaedworks.com

RE: Expanding the text

MisterX

you could use condensed fonts though.

I hate arial narow but it can be useful...

cheers
Xavier

Re: Expanding the text

Jon-3
I, for one, would advocate that any time an unsupported feature is used,
that an error message is generated, either at compile time or at run
time.  Just silently letting such a thing slide is more likely to cause
problems than ignoring it.  Or perhaps this new error reporting behavior
should be controlled by a user selected preference.

Jon

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 9:44 AM -0700 6/11/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>> I find that:
>>
>>       Set the textstyle of field 1 to expanded
>>
>> doesn't expand the text. (Mac OS X, Run Rev 2.5.1)
>

> IIRC, Rev (and MetaCard) has never supported the expanded and
> condensed text styles. Which is too bad, since there are times when
> they're useful. (But they don't seem to be part of the standard set of
> styles on OS X either.)

Re: Expanding the text

jim hurley-3

>Message: 2
>Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:38:17 -0700
>From: "Jeanne A. E. DeVoto" <[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: Expanding the text
>To: How to use Revolution <[hidden email]>
>
>At 9:44 AM -0700 6/11/2005, Jim Hurley wrote:
>>I find that:
>>
>>        Set the textstyle of field 1 to expanded
>>
>>doesn't expand the text. (Mac OS X, Run Rev 2.5.1)
>
>IIRC, Rev (and MetaCard) has never supported the expanded and
>condensed text styles. Which is too bad, since there are times when
>they're useful. (But they don't seem to be part of the standard set
>of styles on OS X either.)
>--
>jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [hidden email]

Jeanne,

It does appear that expended text is supported on OS 9, but not in
Windows or Mac OS X.

I have a word game (cryptogram) I working on, and it would be helpful
to have a little more room (horizontally) to work with.

Any point in asking for this in Bugzilla?

Jim