F1 as the men shortcut?

Garrett Hylltun-2
Rev 2.6.1

Greetings,

Is there any way to use keys such as F1 or DEL as the menu
shortcuts?  Looking through the docs only points out the ability to
the CMD + [single key] shortcuts.

Thanks,
-Garrett

Re: F1 as the men shortcut?

Phil Davis
You could program your own 'functionKey' handler... see the Docs RE
'functionKey'.

Phil Davis

Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> Rev 2.6.1
>
> Greetings,
>
> Is there any way to use keys such as F1 or DEL as the menu  shortcuts?
> Looking through the docs only points out the ability to  the CMD +
> [single key] shortcuts.
>
> Thanks,
> -Garrett

RE: F1 as the men shortcut?

MisterX
Hi Garret

You might want to trap that key it at the card or stack level as a keydown
or keyup message.

cheers
Xavier
Push to arm, release to detonate...

Re: F1 as the men shortcut?

Garrett Hylltun-2
But what about the shortcut on the menu itself?  That's what I'm
trying to find out about.  I tried typing in "Help/F1", but Rev won't
accept such a thing.

Thanks,
-Garrett

On Feb 16, 2006, at 1:17 PM, MisterX wrote:

> Hi Garret
>
> You might want to trap that key it at the card or stack level as a
> keydown
> or keyup message.
>
> cheers
> Xavier
> Push to arm, release to detonate...

RE: F1 as the men shortcut?

MisterX
one of 2 classic solutions

send ("MenuPick" && themenuname) to btn mymenu

or

set the menuhistory of btn mymenu to thislinenumber...

-

Another way, more tedious but with more freedom allowed is that if your
menupick handler calls a handler in the button or stack script, then you can
simply <send handlername to the button> (no menupick && stuff - which fails
if you change the menuitem) or in the simplest case, if your handler is in
the card, background or stack, you don't need to send anything, just call
the handler...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com

RE: F1 as the men shortcut?

Stephen Barncard
Why are you guys dancing around the bush; how about the old HC function??
This works great!

on functionkey what
   SWITCH what
   CASE 1
     -- functionkey 1 down
     break
   CASE 2
     -- functionkey 2 down
     break
   CASE 3
     -- functionkey 3 down
     break
   CASE n
     -- functionkey n down
     break
   END SWITCH
end functionkey

note that on Mac OS many keys are assigned to system tasks but can be disabled.
1-4 are reserved, 13,14,15,16 don't appear on all keyboards and 11
and 12 want to be owned by Dashboard.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o

Re: F1 as the men shortcut?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto
At 1:53 PM -0800 2/16/2006, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>But what about the shortcut on the menu itself?  That's what I'm
>trying to find out about.  I tried typing in "Help/F1", but Rev
>won't accept such a thing.

Not currently possible, I'm afraid - the only shortcuts you can make
appear in a menu are simple Command/Control-plus-one-character. (As
others have mentioned, you can use a functionKey handler to get the
functionality, but not the appearance.)
--
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ [hidden email]
http://www.jaedworks.com

Re: F1 as the men shortcut?

Garrett Hylltun-2

On Feb 18, 2006, at 11:47 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

> At 1:53 PM -0800 2/16/2006, Garrett Hylltun wrote:
>> But what about the shortcut on the menu itself?  That's what I'm
>> trying to find out about.  I tried typing in "Help/F1", but Rev
>> won't accept such a thing.
>
> Not currently possible, I'm afraid - the only shortcuts you can
> make appear in a menu are simple Command/Control-plus-one-
> character. (As others have mentioned, you can use a functionKey
> handler to get the functionality, but not the appearance.)

Hi Jeanne,

That's what I wanted to know.  Thanks for the reply.  :-)

-Garrett