Filed entry cursor

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
Using different devices I have not found out how to make a well visible text field entry pointing cursor. What is seen is typically a very faint vertical line, which barely can be seen. I remember having seen a nice vertical tile, blinking on the location you can do your entry. How owuld one be able to make it with LiveCode text field entry, blinking and possibly utilising colour with it to improve the detectability?

rgds

Christer Pyyhtiä
MindCrea Ltd

Re: Filed entry cursor

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
This is a stack for making cursor images:
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129211#p129211

You can set the color, size and transparency of the cursor image.
Don't forget to set the hotspot adjusted to the cursor's size.

Just copy your cursor image to your stack and set the cursor
(or the defaultcursor) for your fiels on mouseEnter and mouseLeave .

The stack also show's how to create cursor's on the fly (for example
to use cursor the cursor as progress indicator).

Re: Filed entry cursor

Mike Kerner via use-livecode
I think the appearance of the insertion point is controlled by the OS. You
could submit a report to see if it is possible to change it. That may be
allowed on some platforms.

If you are talking about mobile devices, I've seen that LC fields sometimes
don't display an insertion point at all, and show very erratic behavior
during text entry. The solution is to use a native field, but I'm not sure
the insertion point can be altered there either. It wouldn't hurt to submit
a feature request though.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]