Follow Up Newbie Question

Hamburger1
First, thanks for the many responses to my question this morning. Taking the
advice of several of you I opened the only card of the only revolution stack I
have so far with

on preOpenStack
     start using this stack
end preOpenStack

It seemed like the thing to do, but it didn't read the custom handlers and
functions I had in the stack script.

For example I have an idle handler that constantly updates the time in one of
the fields on the card. The time doesn't change. Maybe the idle handler isn't
the way to do that.

Joe

Re: Follow Up Newbie Question

J. Landman Gay
On 7/14/05 7:28 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> First, thanks for the many responses to my question this morning. Taking the
> advice of several of you I opened the only card of the only revolution stack I
> have so far with
>
> on preOpenStack
>      start using this stack
> end preOpenStack
>
> It seemed like the thing to do, but it didn't read the custom handlers and
> functions I had in the stack script.

Did you close and then reopen the stack? That is the only time a
preOpenStack message would be sent.

> For example I have an idle handler that constantly updates the time in one of
> the fields on the card. The time doesn't change. Maybe the idle handler isn't
> the way to do that.

In HyperCard it was the only way, and you can do it the same way in Rev,
but it isn't the best way. A replacement example for idle is in my
HyperCard to Revolution tutorial here:

<http://www.hyperactivesw.com/mctutorial/rrtutorialtoc.html>

In particular, the section near the end on "Timed events - Using 'send
to' instead of idle". You may want to read some of the earlier stuff in
the tutorial a bit to see what the example is refering to.