Font name weirdness

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I just discovered something weird with regards to font names. If I look at the font names in the font menu of LC 8.1.9, in some cases they are different names than what I get when I access the fontNames. For example, I have a font family named "Vendome." From the fontNames function I get these:

VendomeTBol
VendomeTMed
VendomeTMedIta
VendomeReg

When I try to apply those to text, nothing happens.

Then when I look at the font names in the LC font menu I see this instead;

Vendome T Bold
Vendome T Medium
Vendome T Medium Italic
Vendome T Regular

And those apply just fine. I've been using LC 6.6.5 and have no problems there. Anybody know what's up? The dictionary entry for fontNames makes no mention of this…

Marty

Re: Font name weirdness

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Never mind - I just realized that I’d loaded the fonts in my test stack in LC 6.6.5, then opened the stack in LC 8.1.9. But it is weird that the same fonts in my system show up with different names between 6.6.5 and 8.1.9.