For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Hi,

I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add some debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and i had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would have been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.

This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.

The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>.

Regards,

Matthias

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
I second that.
It is a great tool and I can’t thank Bill Vlahos enough.
Paul Looney

> On Aug 20, 2018, at 4:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
> I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add some debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and i had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would have been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.
>
> This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.
>
> The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
HI Malte,

I just bought it on your recommendation - I'm sure it will be very useful
as I'm "refactoring" some old code at the moment (make it work THEN make it
better).

Lagi

A brute force solution that works is better than an elegant solution that
doesn't work.
Steve McConell - Code Complete

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 00:44, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and
> then.
> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
> I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add some
> debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and i
> had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would have
> been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that
> again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these
> "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.
>
> This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license
> this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.
>
> The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you
> do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <
> https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Lagi,

i am not Malte, i am Matthias (Ματθίας). ;)
But anyway. Good to know that the user base of lcTaskList increases.

Regards,

Matthias

> Am 21.08.2018 um 11:48 schrieb Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
> HI Malte,
>
> I just bought it on your recommendation - I'm sure it will be very useful
> as I'm "refactoring" some old code at the moment (make it work THEN make it
> better).
>
> Lagi
>
> A brute force solution that works is better than an elegant solution that
> doesn't work.
> Steve McConell - Code Complete
>
> On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 00:44, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and
>> then.
>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
>> I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add some
>> debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and i
>> had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would have
>> been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that
>> again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these
>> "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.
>>
>> This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license
>> this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.
>>
>> The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you
>> do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <
>> https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/ <https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>>.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Matthias

Matthias Rebbe
Tel +49 5741 310000
https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Sorry Mathias,

I read the post - went away and had an inkling that the name began with an
"M" so I could have said Mark - but I knew it wasn't Klaus or Richmond -
dementia is not that bad yet! Thank you anyway because I'm sure it would
have come in useful a few times already if I had known about it.. For the
cost,  you only have to save less than half an hour to make it a worthwhile
purchase.

Regards Lagi

On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 11:29, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Lagi,
>
> i am not Malte, i am Matthias (Ματθίας). ;)
> But anyway. Good to know that the user base of lcTaskList increases.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias
>
> > Am 21.08.2018 um 11:48 schrieb Lagi Pittas via use-livecode <
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
> >
> > HI Malte,
> >
> > I just bought it on your recommendation - I'm sure it will be very useful
> > as I'm "refactoring" some old code at the moment (make it work THEN make
> it
> > better).
> >
> > Lagi
> >
> > A brute force solution that works is better than an elegant solution that
> > doesn't work.
> > Steve McConell - Code Complete
> >
> > On Tue, 21 Aug 2018 at 00:44, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <
> > [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and
> >> then.
> >> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
> >> I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add
> some
> >> debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and
> >> had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would
> have
> >> been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that
> >> again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these
> >> "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.
> >>
> >> This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license
> >> this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.
> >>
> >> The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you
> >> do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <
> >> https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/ <
> https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>>.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Matthias

> Matthias Rebbe
> Tel +49 5741 310000
> ‌https://matthiasrebbe.eu <https://matthiasrebbe.eu/>‌

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
I have it too. Very useful when I have a lot of bugs and new features to deal with. Of course, now my software has no bugs and the app is as awesome as it can be. ;-)

Bob S

> On Aug 20, 2018, at 16:44 , Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.
> I was working on a really big project for months and i needed to add some debug code, special comments and special information  in my scripts and i had to mark some code for later reviewing. Without lcTasklist it would have been really difficult or maybe nearly impossible  to find all of that again  in my scripts.  With lcTasklist i not even got a list of these "comments", but was able to jump directly to that code.
>
> This is a must have. Livecode Ltd.  really  should consider to license this plugin to deliver it with Livecode.
>
> The plugin costs $11.90  / Euro 11.31 and is worth every cent. So if you do not know about it and want to get more information, then look here <https://livecode.com/extensions/lctasklist/1-3-0/>.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matthias

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Also just purchased lcTaskList ... why did I wait sooo long!

Extra useful and saves sifting through code notes.

Clicking on an item in lcTaskList takes you straight to the line in the
script with the corresponding tag .. even opens the script editor if
necessary.

Highly recommended.

-----
Andy Piddock

TinyIDE  a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk  - made with LiveCode

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.

1) Where is the documentation?

2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?

BR

On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
There’s a help icon at the bottom of the window that explains everything.

However, with Livecode 9 I was finding that lcTasklist seemed to be causing strange things in the script editor when editing an existing script—the new completion features were misfiring and scrambling things. I had to go to a backup of my script and then remove lcTasklist completely.

Peter

> On Aug 27, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>
> 1) Where is the documentation?
>
> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
>
> BR
>

> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode

I am working with lcTasklist and LC 9 (now 9.01RC2) for months w/o problems here on Mac OS X.

Matthias

> Am 28.08.2018 um 08:07 schrieb Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> There’s a help icon at the bottom of the window that explains everything.
>
> However, with Livecode 9 I was finding that lcTasklist seemed to be causing strange things in the script editor when editing an existing script—the new completion features were misfiring and scrambling things. I had to go to a backup of my script and then remove lcTasklist completely.
>
> Peter
>

>> On Aug 27, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>>
>> 1) Where is the documentation?
>>
>> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
>> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
>>
>> BR
>>

>> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode

> Am 28.08.2018 um 06:58 schrieb Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>

> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
There are 2 possible ways to get rid of that notes.

Either: With only the datagrid and lcTasklist plugins opened, you should only see 2 or 3 notes. Click on each note to open the script editor. you´ll will see the note right away. Change the keyword  and save after you´ve changed the scripts.

Or: If i remember right that notes use all the index word  TODO. Remove that keyword from the Active Index Words field in lcTaskList preferences/Words.

> BR
>

> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
hmmm.... I'm not getting external behaviors

/modules
     look.livecode  # which has this behavior assigned:
     behavior_look.livecodescript
            #NOTE ??? REVIEW etc. do not appear and the indexing does
not happen
            whether I set to "Main Stacks" and "Open Stacks"

On 8/27/18 8:07 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode wrote:
> There’s a help icon at the bottom of the window that explains everything.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
BR,

1. The documentation is the second icon from the right on the bottom of the lcTaskList window.

2. To ignore certain stacks click on the 3rd icon from the right on the bottom of the lcTask window and then the Sacks tab.

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos

> On Aug 27, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>
> 1) Where is the documentation?
>
> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
>
> BR
>

> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Matthias,

To ignore certain stacks click on the 3rd icon from the right on the bottom of the lcTask window and then the Sacks tab.

Thank you,
Bill Vlahos

> On Aug 28, 2018, at 2:13 AM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Am 28.08.2018 um 06:58 schrieb Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>>
>> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>>

>> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
>> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
> There are 2 possible ways to get rid of that notes.
>
> Either: With only the datagrid and lcTasklist plugins opened, you should only see 2 or 3 notes. Click on each note to open the script editor. you´ll will see the note right away. Change the keyword  and save after you´ve changed the scripts.
>
> Or: If i remember right that notes use all the index word  TODO. Remove that keyword from the Active Index Words field in lcTaskList preferences/Words.
>

>> BR
>>

>> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Peter,

I have not had any issues with LiveCode 9 and lcTaskList. Have you tried it with LiveCode 9.0.1?

Bill Vlahos

> On Aug 27, 2018, at 11:07 PM, Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> There’s a help icon at the bottom of the window that explains everything.
>
> However, with Livecode 9 I was finding that lcTasklist seemed to be causing strange things in the script editor when editing an existing script—the new completion features were misfiring and scrambling things. I had to go to a backup of my script and then remove lcTasklist completely.
>
> Peter
>

>> On Aug 27, 2018, at 9:58 PM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like I need this, so on everyone's recommendation I bought it.
>>
>> 1) Where is the documentation?
>>
>> 2)  Can you make  "ignore" the Datagrid templates after they been
>> instantiated? One get many "Note" from every instance?
>>
>> BR
>>

>> On 8/20/18 1:44 PM, Matthias Rebbe via use-livecode wrote:
>>> I´ve purchased the plugin lcTasklist a long time ago and used it now and then.
>>> But now i am totally in love with this great tool.

Re: For those who do not know lcTasklist

Stephen MacLean via use-livecode
Matthias,

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement and support of lcTaskList.

I would love it if LiveCode wanted to license it.

Bill Vlahos