Forcing a device update

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Is there a way to force the IDE to look for attached mobile devices
without restarting LiveCode?

Typically I have half a dozen scripts open and I'm doing multiple test
builds to a cabled phone. I edit some scripts and during that time the
phone goes into low-power mode (not asleep or locked.) When I tap it to
show the launcher again, LC has lost the device and I have to restart LC
to make it scan again.

I can use Terminal to rescan if necessary, but even after it sees the
phone, LC still doesn't.

I need a message box command to make LC "see" the device again.
Restarting loses all my open script windows and I have to relaunch the
stack and set everything up again.

RE: Forcing a device update

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
J,

The devices refresh automatically on both my Win 10(Android) and OS X
10.12.6 Xcode 9.2 (iOS and Android). I'm using 8.1.9 GM. I tested by
plugging devices in/out/in.

You could try this in the message box for Android. It's untested. (found it
by scratching in the IDE).

dispatch "androidDevicesChanged" to stack ("revDeployLibraryAndroid")

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

On 3/8/18 6:24 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
> dispatch "androidDevicesChanged" to stack ("revDeployLibraryAndroid")

I had high hopes, but no go.

My phone was uncabled overnight, I left LC running with all the various
windows and scripts open. Just cabled the phone up again. Terminal sees
it immediately without any interaction. LC doesn't. I issued the command
you suggested (twice,) nothing happened.

Now I have to close 8 script windows, half a dozen stacks, quit LC, and
then re-open and set up everything again. This is not only annoying,
it's tripling the amount of time it takes to debug.

Re: Forcing a device update

On 3/9/18 1:51 PM, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> On 3/8/18 6:24 PM, Ralph DiMola wrote:
>> dispatch "androidDevicesChanged" to stack ("revDeployLibraryAndroid")
>
> I had high hopes, but no go.

It was me.

The app opens a bunch of stacks including the one I was working on. The
test target isn't activated unless the stack that will be compiled is
focused. It was sitting there in full view but I hadn't clicked on it to
bring it to the front.

I feel both relieved and stupid.

Re: Forcing a device update

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
You've just summarized my whole life in general. ;-)

Bob S