Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

Chipp Walters
Got to talking with my buddy Floyd Wray today, and he's got a new video
scribe out which is just marvelous. Hopefully he'll YouTube it and share. As
always, the subject ended up turning to tools, and we started chatting about
some of the problems creating video scribes. He has way more experience than
I, and he mentioned how tedious it is to create the animations where it
looks like you're drawing something. So, I promised him I'd sit down and
knock out a quick program to do this for him. And-- here it is! All in all,
about 5 hours of programming (plus some nice strategic phone help from
Richard Gaskin-- thanks Richard!). All programmed in LiveCode. It really is
amazing how fast you can program in Rev (LiveCode)-- fun too!

Here's a video showing it in action:
http://www.screencast.com/t/9uWjs9GtTn

So, if you want to try it out, here are the links.

Windows:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Win.zip
Mac:
http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Mac.zip

[image: ScribeAssistMickey01.png]

Re: Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

lolo
Hello,
I have update to LiveCode 4.5 under Win XP and my program with a command
record sound doesn't work
When I open it under revolution it works very well!?!
An idea? Can you help me or explain me what I can do?
I'm french and beginner so "write slowly" please ;-)

Cordialement,
Olivier Dussutour

Re: Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

BNig
Hi Chipp,
that is very nifty. Thank you for sharing Scribe-Assist.
regards
Bernd

Re: Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

Pierre Sahores-3
Hi Chipp,

Great app. Free for any use ? Should be really useful to build "animated-gif alike" based presentation material !

Thanks a lot for providing it.

Kind Regards,

Pierre

Le 16 oct. 2010 à 08:21, Chipp Walters a écrit :

> Got to talking with my buddy Floyd Wray today, and he's got a new video
> scribe out which is just marvelous. Hopefully he'll YouTube it and share. As
> always, the subject ended up turning to tools, and we started chatting about
> some of the problems creating video scribes. He has way more experience than
> I, and he mentioned how tedious it is to create the animations where it
> looks like you're drawing something. So, I promised him I'd sit down and
> knock out a quick program to do this for him. And-- here it is! All in all,
> about 5 hours of programming (plus some nice strategic phone help from
> Richard Gaskin-- thanks Richard!). All programmed in LiveCode. It really is
> amazing how fast you can program in Rev (LiveCode)-- fun too!
>
> Here's a video showing it in action:
> http://www.screencast.com/t/9uWjs9GtTn
>
> So, if you want to try it out, here are the links.
>
> Windows:
> http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Win.zip
> Mac:
> http://www.gadgetplugins.com/altplugins/ScribeAssist-Mac.zip
>
> [image: ScribeAssistMickey01.png]

Pierre Sahores
mobile : (33) 6 03 95 77 70

www.woooooooords.com
www.sahores-conseil.com

Re: Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

J. Landman Gay
On 10/16/10 3:00 AM, Olivier Dussutour wrote:
> Hello,
> I have update to LiveCode 4.5 under Win XP and my program with a command
> record sound doesn't work
> When I open it under revolution it works very well!?!
> An idea? Can you help me or explain me what I can do?
> I'm french and beginner so "write slowly" please ;-)

I am typing with two fingers only. :)

Did you build a standalone in 4.5? Is that what doesn't work? Or do you
mean the stack doesn't work in the IDE?

Re: Free Scribe Assist made in Rev

ScottR
Recently, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Here's a video showing it in action:
> http://www.screencast.com/t/9uWjs9GtTn

This looks cool Chipp, and made so quickly!  Reminds me of that
marker/whiteboard video that was posted here on the list recently.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design

record sound with livecode

lolo
Hello,
Sorry! I did not change the subject of the mail! :'-(

My button script:
on mouseUp
hide me
show button "Arrêter"
record sound file tmp&".wav"
end mouseUp

under rev 4.0 in both work (standalone and gui)
under LiveCode it does'nt work (standalone and gui)

I hope I'm comprehensible :-s

Cordialement,
Olivier Dussutour
[hidden email]
> On 10/16/10 3:00 AM, Olivier Dussutour wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I have update to LiveCode 4.5 under Win XP and my program with a command
>> record sound doesn't work
>> When I open it under revolution it works very well!?!
>> An idea? Can you help me or explain me what I can do?
>> I'm french and beginner so "write slowly" please ;-)
>
> I am typing with two fingers only. :)
>
> Did you build a standalone in 4.5? Is that what doesn't work? Or do you
> mean the stack doesn't work in the IDE?

Re: record sound with livecode

Thierry-3

Le 18 oct. 2010 à 08:13, Olivier Dussutour a écrit :

Bonjour,

une petite idee  a verifier ?

es-tu sur de ton chemin d'acces : tmp & ".wav"

peut-etre que le defaultfoder n'est pas le meme depuis
ta migration en 4.5 ?

Cordialement,
Thierry

ps: Wouahhh. too cooool to speak French sometimes :)

> Hello,
> Sorry! I did not change the subject of the mail! :'-(
>
> My button script:
> on mouseUp
> hide me
> show button "Arrêter"
> record sound file tmp&".wav"
> end mouseUp
>
> under rev 4.0 in both work (standalone and gui)
> under LiveCode it does'nt work (standalone and gui)

Re: record sound with livecode

René Micout
Oh oui !
;-)

Le 18 oct. 2010 à 14:21, Thierry a écrit :

> Le 18 oct. 2010 à 08:13, Olivier Dussutour a écrit :
>
> Bonjour,
>
> une petite idee  a verifier ?
>
> es-tu sur de ton chemin d'acces : tmp & ".wav"
>
> peut-etre que le defaultfoder n'est pas le meme depuis
> ta migration en 4.5 ?
>
> Cordialement,
> Thierry
>
> ps: Wouahhh. too cooool to speak French sometimes :)
>
>> Hello,
>> Sorry! I did not change the subject of the mail! :'-(
>>
>> My button script:
>> on mouseUp
>> hide me
>> show button "Arrêter"
>> record sound file tmp&".wav"
>> end mouseUp
>>
>> under rev 4.0 in both work (standalone and gui)
>> under LiveCode it does'nt work (standalone and gui)

Re: record sound with livecode

lolo
Hello,
I deleted all files "tmp.wav" on my PC then I tried my script to see if a
file recorded "tmp.wav" somewhere but nothing.
as we say in French: "me trompe-je quelque part?"

Cordialement,
Olivier Dussutour
[hidden email]