Frontscripts message path question

toddgeist
Hello

I have a question about the the message path and FrontScripts.

Do Frontscripts sit at the front of the message path for all open
stacks or just the one that did the inserting in the first place.

Specifically,  I have a littl front script that keeps an eye on
another app and when it notices a change in that other app it sends a
message down the path.  Does that message touch all open stacks?

Thanks

Todd

Re: Frontscripts message path question

Jim Ault
Richard Gaskin has build a fine resource for this topic.
Lots more goodies available, too.
http://www.fourthworld.com/rev/

Extending the Message Path
An Introduction to Using Libraries, Backscripts, and Frontscript

Jim Ault
Las Vegas

On 5/30/06 12:15 AM, "Todd Geist" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have a question about the the message path and FrontScripts.
>
> Do Frontscripts sit at the front of the message path for all open
> stacks or just the one that did the inserting in the first place.
>
> Specifically,  I have a littl front script that keeps an eye on
> another app and when it notices a change in that other app it sends a
> message down the path.  Does that message touch all open stacks?
>
> Thanks
>
> Todd

Re: Frontscripts message path question

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Todd,

Yes, the front script is the first in the message hierarchy and
catches all messages, before they reach any open stack, provided that
the message doesn't originate from anywhere higher in the message
hierarchy.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 30-mei-2006, om 9:15 heeft Todd Geist het volgende geschreven:

> Hello
>
> I have a question about the the message path and FrontScripts.
>
> Do Frontscripts sit at the front of the message path for all open
> stacks or just the one that did the inserting in the first place.
>
> Specifically,  I have a littl front script that keeps an eye on
> another app and when it notices a change in that other app it sends a
> message down the path.  Does that message touch all open stacks?
>
> Thanks
>
> Todd

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille