GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward

GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami
when I switch from code to building GUI.. we are in an world of objects.  Is it only me that wishes we could

a) import and image
b) click right click on the image
     --arrange
        send back
        bring forward

?

Use case is in a rapid prototyping/design  environment where e.g. you have a background image with a group on top. You need to show your lead stackholder(s)  how it looks offer options

…so you group all the controls and then create 5 cards, but now if you want to swap out the image in the back to show everyone different options, you import to the Object --> arrange, send to back to push it all the way down to layer 1.

Am I the only one wishing we had this in a contextual menu?

I know a lot of you build your GUI tools into a front script that you call on start up which then overrides or augments the IDE.

How can I get the "arrange" option in contextual menus for all objects?

worth of a feature request?

BR

Re: GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward

Roger Eller
Besides wanting to only use the mouse for re-layering, you can already demo
your layered images by clicking and pressing Control-[ or Control-].

~Roger

[hidden email]> wrote:

    pressing Control-[ or Control-].

OH ..duh! yes completely forgot about those key board shortcuts!

Re: GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward

Ali Lloyd-2
If anyone particularly wants this feature, it would make a nice and fairly
easy community contribution as it only requires changes in the 'revMenuBar'
script only stack.

You would just have to add the appropriate menu items in
revMenuBarObjectContextMenu (probably using the pSelectable parameter to
control the enabled of the menu item) and then add to the switch in
revMenubarContextMenuPickTarget
case "Send to Back"
revIDESendToBack pTarget

etc

On Sun, Nov 20, 2016 at 11:08 PM Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami <

>     pressing Control-[ or Control-].
>
> OH ..duh! yes completely forgot about those key board shortcuts!

[ANN] New Menu Shortcut Plugin available [Was - GUI Design Tasks Send Back - Bring Forward]

Paul_Hibbert
This is something I have been tinkering with for a while, so I spent most of today testing and polishing the stack to the point where it’s now useable as a plugin, so I’ve uploaded it to the LiveCode Share portal.

From within Livecode 8 or 9 go to the Sample Stacks menu and search for, Shortcuts

The title of the stack is, LC Menu Shortcuts

The web link is:

http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/813/LC-Menu-Shortcuts <http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/813/LC-Menu-Shortcuts>

My implementation doesn’t use the method that Ali suggests below, but it’s close. I’ve been testing it for a while now and so far it’s been pretty robust. The stack is best used as a plugin loaded at startup, it adds 17 possible new shortcuts to the LC menus, plus 2 more that already work but don’t show in the menus, so they can be made to show their shortcuts.

The stack is currently only tested on Mac and is only compatible with LC 8 and 9. I would be interested to hear from any Windows and Linux users, I doubt that it’s anywhere near perfect, so I am happy to modify and update as necessary.

The stack is not locked, so feel free to edit/alter/modify/tinker as you please.

One of my main goals for creating this stack was to be able to refresh the Project Browser, so many times I run into situations where the PB doesn’t keep up with what I’m doing, but now I can just use a shortcut (Shift Cmd B), twice to close and re-open the PB and all is well, I can carry on working without interruptions.

Paul