HTML5 test

Colin Holgate-3
Here’s an old stack, saved as HTML5:

http://colin.scienceninja.com/html5/scrolling/scrolling.html

The performance in Safari on my Mac is as good as it is in LiveCode. On my iPad Air the frame rate is a little slow. I’m still waiting for the page to load on my iPhone 3gs!

Publishing to HTML5 is extremely quick, but there are some issues. The scrolling speed and direction is supposed to be based on the mouse position, but that seems not to work. The LC icon is the blue commercial version, but as you can see they’re not looking blue. Nor is the sky.

Still, for not doing a single character change in the scripts, it’s a successful test!

Re: HTML5 test

Wprothero
Colin:
Cool!
Bill

> On Aug 31, 2015, at 9:46 AM, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Here’s an old stack, saved as HTML5:
>
> http://colin.scienceninja.com/html5/scrolling/scrolling.html
>
> The performance in Safari on my Mac is as good as it is in LiveCode. On my iPad Air the frame rate is a little slow. I’m still waiting for the page to load on my iPhone 3gs!
>
> Publishing to HTML5 is extremely quick, but there are some issues. The scrolling speed and direction is supposed to be based on the mouse position, but that seems not to work. The LC icon is the blue commercial version, but as you can see they’re not looking blue. Nor is the sky.
>
> Still, for not doing a single character change in the scripts, it’s a successful test!
Http://es.earthednet.org

Re: HTML5 test

Kay C Lan
Nice!

Re: HTML5 test

BNig
Hi Colin,

seeing your example I just took a stack I posted on livecodeshare
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/445/Colorpuzzle
and knowing nothing about HTML I just made a HTML5 standalone

It worked surprisingly well. Amazing, just converting it to HTML5 was only compile time.

The stack lets you pick a color from the bottom pane and then this color sticks to the cursor and you move it to the top pane to match the color and click again. Then you either have a hit or a miss. Counter work.
The interface (sticking color square) was intended for touch devices.
The 3 right sided sliders let you adjust the colors to make it more difficult/easier. Just play with them.
Some elements like buttons/sliders don't look quite right but basically it works.
Tested in Safari.

here is the link to the HTML5 version
----------------------------------
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/colorpuzzleLC8/colorpuzzle.html
----------------------------------
Kind regards

Bernd

Re: HTML5 test

Colin Holgate-3
Do your colors look as intended?

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 6:10 AM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Colin,
>
> seeing your example I just took a stack I posted on livecodeshare
> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/445/Colorpuzzle
> and knowing nothing about HTML I just made a HTML5 standalone
>
> It worked surprisingly well. Amazing, just converting it to HTML5 was only
> compile time.
>
> The stack lets you pick a color from the bottom pane and then this color
> sticks to the cursor and you move it to the top pane to match the color and
> click again. Then you either have a hit or a miss. Counter work.
> The interface (sticking color square) was intended for touch devices.
> The 3 right sided sliders let you adjust the colors to make it more
> difficult/easier. Just play with them.
> Some elements like buttons/sliders don't look quite right but basically it
> works.
> Tested in Safari.
>
> here is the link to the HTML5 version
> ----------------------------------
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/colorpuzzleLC8/colorpuzzle.html

Re: HTML5 test

BNig
Colin Holgate-3 wrote
Do your colors look as intended?
I don't know what you see but on my desktop Mac running 10.9.5 and Safari 7.1.8 they look as intended.
Those are all graphics filled on the fly.

I can not get this to work on my iPad 3 running iOS 8.1

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: HTML5 test

Colin Holgate-3
Run the stack in LiveCode, do the colors look exactly the same as when you look at the HTML5 one in Safari?

It could be that the color errors only affect bitmaps.

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 9:13 AM, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Colin Holgate-3 wrote
>> Do your colors look as intended?
>
> I don't know what you see but on my desktop Mac running 10.9.5 and Safari
> 7.1.8 they look as intended.
> Those are all graphics filled on the fly.
>
> I can not get this to work on my iPad 3 running iOS 8.1
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

Re: HTML5 test

BNig
Colin Holgate-3 wrote
Run the stack in LiveCode, do the colors look exactly the same as when you look at the HTML5 one in Safari?

It could be that the color errors only affect bitmaps.
I ran the stack and the browser version of the stack side by side and the colors are identical.

So it may well be that for images there is a color problem

Kind regards

Bernd

Re: HTML5 test

Fraser Gordon-3

On 1 Sep 2015, at 14:44, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Colin Holgate-3 wrote
>> Run the stack in LiveCode, do the colors look exactly the same as when you
>> look at the HTML5 one in Safari?
>>
>> It could be that the color errors only affect bitmaps.
>
> I ran the stack and the browser version of the stack side by side and the
> colors are identical.
>
> So it may well be that for images there is a color problem
>
> Kind regards
>
> Bernd

That’s entirely possible - there are some byte-ordering issues (RGB vs BGA for images would case colour swapping) with the HTML5 engine at the moment. Is it the same in all browsers or does it work in some and not in others?

Fraser

Re: HTML5 test

Colin Holgate-3
Same color error in Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac, Chrome and Firefox under Windows 10, and Safari on iPad. Edge and IE 11 give Javascript errors when trying to load the page.

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 9:58 AM, Fraser Gordon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 1 Sep 2015, at 14:44, BNig <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Colin Holgate-3 wrote
>>> Run the stack in LiveCode, do the colors look exactly the same as when you
>>> look at the HTML5 one in Safari?
>>>
>>> It could be that the color errors only affect bitmaps.
>>
>> I ran the stack and the browser version of the stack side by side and the
>> colors are identical.
>>
>> So it may well be that for images there is a color problem
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>> Bernd
>
> That’s entirely possible - there are some byte-ordering issues (RGB vs BGA for images would case colour swapping) with the HTML5 engine at the moment. Is it the same in all browsers or does it work in some and not in others?
>
> Fraser

Re: HTML5 test

Fraser Gordon-3

On 1 Sep 2015, at 15:23, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Same color error in Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac, Chrome and Firefox under Windows 10, and Safari on iPad. Edge and IE 11 give Javascript errors when trying to load the page.

Thanks for the info. Consistently-wrong beats randomly-wrong any day (at least for fixing bugs…).

Every browser seems to implement a different portion of the HTML5 standard and we’ve been focusing on a small number of browsers initially, with support for more to come later. I’d be curious to hear if anyone has had a go with Opera or the Android browser?

Fraser

Re: HTML5 test

Colin Holgate-3
I just tried the Silk browser on Fire HDX, it gives the Javascript error that Edge and IE 11 give. The Opera browser on Mac shows the same color issues.

As an aside, Opera and Chrome are the worst performance. Safari and Firefox are better.

> On Sep 1, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Fraser Gordon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 1 Sep 2015, at 15:23, Colin Holgate <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Same color error in Safari, Chrome, Firefox on Mac, Chrome and Firefox under Windows 10, and Safari on iPad. Edge and IE 11 give Javascript errors when trying to load the page.
>
> Thanks for the info. Consistently-wrong beats randomly-wrong any day (at least for fixing bugs…).
>
> Every browser seems to implement a different portion of the HTML5 standard and we’ve been focusing on a small number of browsers initially, with support for more to come later. I’d be curious to hear if anyone has had a go with Opera or the Android browser?
>
> Fraser

Re: HTML5 test

Roger Eller
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Fraser Gordon <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I’d be curious to hear if anyone has had a go with Opera or the Android
> browser?
>
> Fraser

My preferred browser if Dolphin for Android.  I like that (especially on a
tablet) you can edit an advanced setting to enable Desktop as the device so
you get the non-mobile websites.  Funny thing, in this mode, it announces
itself as Safari on a Mac.  It downloaded and said "running", but never
showed anything.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser

Bernd's puzzle would only run in Chrome on the Galaxy 6 edge though.
http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/colorpuzzleLC8/colorpuzzle.html

~Roger

Re: HTML5 test

Rolf Kocherhans-2
The color change is consistent in all Browsers on OS X.
I did quite a lot of testing today and found that Graphic Objects created with LiveCode
have correct colors, but imported pictures (any kind gif,png etc.) are all wrong.

> That?s entirely possible - there are some byte-ordering issues (RGB vs BGA for images would case colour swapping) with the HTML5 engine at the moment. Is it the same in all browsers or does it work in some and not in others?
>
> Fraser

Cheers
Rolf

Re: HTML5 test

Rolf Kocherhans-2
On all my Systems I only get the -hair- cursor, no arrow or hand cursor !

Does anyone see other cursors ?

Cheers
Rolf

Re: HTML5 test

BNig
here is another example of HTML5 compilation.

http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/scrollingimages/scroll.html

It is a stack that scrolls images and taxes graphic display.

use the big swich button to start all three scollers, use the sliders to change speed and direction. Use the small switches to start/stop a single scroller.

I converted the images to BGR instead of RGB (a known bug)
I had to use the clickLoc instead of mouseLoc (a known bug)
I had to use the BGR swap for gradient colors (a reported bug)

Otherwise it works quite well, a bit slower than in the IDE

Kind regards
Bernd

RE: HTML5 test

John Dixon
Excellent !.. :-)

> Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 13:01:59 -0700
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: HTML5 test
>
> here is another example of HTML5 compilation.
>
> http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/scrollingimages/scroll.html
>
> It is a stack that scrolls images and taxes graphic display.
>
> use the big swich button to start all three scollers, use the sliders to
> change speed and direction. Use the small switches to start/stop a single
> scroller.
>
> I converted the images to BGR instead of RGB (a known bug)
> I had to use the clickLoc instead of mouseLoc (a known bug)
> I had to use the BGR swap for gradient colors (a reported bug)
>
> Otherwise it works quite well, a bit slower than in the IDE
>
> Kind regards
> Bernd

RE: HTML5 test

Ralph DiMola
Nice!
The cursor should be a pointer of some kind when in a control. Is this you
or the limitation of the current HTML5 java engine?

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

RE: HTML5 test

BNig
Ralph DiMola wrote
Nice!
The cursor should be a pointer of some kind when in a control. Is this you
or the limitation of the current HTML5 java engine?
Unfortunately this seems to be a limitation of the current version of the HTML5 java engine.

That is what Rolf Kocherhans also noticed. And that is the same cursor in all my HTML5 tests.

Kind regards
Bernd