HTMLtext problem

Charles Silverman
I need to get an accurate record of the text styles within a field
but htmlText doesn't seem to report everything.

If "This is a test" is entered into a field without any changes, I
get...

Font, size, style and color information is not reported.

It seems that I have to change the font, size, color and style of
some selected text within the field to something other than the
default settings to get the additional style information. For
example, once I've made these changes, the following now gets reported:

Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

Thanks!
Charles

Re: HTMLtext problem

Derek Bump
Charles Silverman wrote:
> Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

Check out my stack HTMLtoCSS on RevOnline or my web site.  The
mini-editor will show you how you can take care of that little issue.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software

Re: HTMLtext problem

Chipp Walters
Hi Charles,

Check out the effective font, effective size, effective color.

-Chipp

RE: HTMLtext problem

Lynch, Jonathan
If the text is inheriting its textfont, textstyle, textsize, etc... from
an object higher up in the message path, then that information would not
be kept in the htmltext.

You can do something like this:
Put the effective textstyle of char 5 of field "myField" into
tMyVariable