HTMLtext problem

charles.silverman
I need to get an accurate record of the text styles within a field
but htmlText doesn't seem to report everything.

If "This is a test" is entered into a field without any changes, I
get...

Font, size, style and color information is not reported.

It seems that I have to change the font, size, color and style of
some selected text within the field to something other than the
default settings to get the additional style information. For
example, once I've made these changes, the following now gets reported:

Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

Thanks!
Charles

Re: HTMLtext problem

Eric Chatonet
Hi Charles,

Your html is good html :-)
Make a stack with 2 fields.
Type (or paste) the text you desire in the first one. Change fonts,
colours, styles as usual using the Text menu.
Add a button the script of which will be:

on mouseUp
   put the htmlText of fld 1 into fld 2
end mouseUp

If you are too lazy ;-) or desire a more sophisticated tool, you
might be interested by Encoded Text Picker, a complete translator you
will find on my web site (Revolution plugins section).

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 21 juil. 05 à 02:50, [hidden email] a écrit :

> I need to get an accurate record of the text styles within a field
> but htmlText doesn't seem to report everything.
>
> If "This is a test" is entered into a field without any changes, I
> get...

> Font, size, style and color information is not reported.
>

> It seems that I have to change the font, size, color and style of
> some selected text within the field to something other than the
> default settings to get the additional style information. For
> example, once I've made these changes, the following now gets
> reported:

> Is there a simpler way to get this to happen?

So Smart Software