Handler Lists

Cal Horner-2
There are many unanswerable questions in this world of ours. And here is
another one.

"Why are there three different views of the handler list in the Script
Editor?"

Isn't one enough? How many of you out there use more than one?

Re: Handler Lists

Ken Ray

On Jan 25, 2013, at 10:33 PM, Cal Horner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are many unanswerable questions in this world of ours. And here is
> another one.
>
> "Why are there three different views of the handler list in the Script
> Editor?"
>
> Isn't one enough? How many of you out there use more than one?

I like to flip between alphabetical and order-of-appearance because I have code grouped into sections using dummy handler names, like:

on ____UTILITY_HANDLERS____
end ____UTILITY_HANDLERS____

on stsGoURL
   â€¦
end stsGoURL

So in order-of-appearance mode I see the handlers grouped… but sometimes I don't remember what group it was in, but just remember its name - which is when I switch to alphabetical.

Unfortunately it's a pain to have to go to the Preferences to do this each time, so I have encapsulated these into handlers I run when I need them. The core code is:

put "cScriptEditor,editor,sortHandlerList" into tProp
set the tProp of stack "revPreferences" to "Alphabetical"  -- or "Order-of-Appearance"
dispatch "updateOpenScriptEditors" to stack "revPreferencesGUI"

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: [hidden email]
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/

Re: Handler Lists

Robert Sneidar
You can set multiple properties in one statement? Cool! Didn't know that.

Bob

On Jan 26, 2013, at 12:06 AM, Ken Ray wrote:

> put "cScriptEditor,editor,sortHandlerList" into tProp
> set the tProp of stack "revPreferences" to "Alphabetical"  -- or "Order-of-Appearance"
> dispatch "updateOpenScriptEditors" to stack "revPreferencesGUI"
>

> Ken Ray

Re: Handler Lists

mwieder
Bob-

Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:25:07 AM, you wrote:

> You can set multiple properties in one statement? Cool! Didn't know that.

No, unfortunately (in many ways) you can put commas into a property
name. Screws up xml representation of properties, for one thing.

--
-Mark Wieder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com