Hard Drives

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
If I do this (Macintosh):

put the volumes

I get a fairly goofy list:

HOME
TIME MACHINE
home
net

'goofy' insofar as it does not give me the volumes' serial numbers.

I am aware that on Windows one can do this sort of thing:

put $systemdrive

and that gives something like this:

C:

which is also fairly unhelpful.

Would be grateful if anyone could tell me how to get a hard drive's
serial number from inwith Livecode
on MAC, WIN & LINUX.

Richmond.


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Hi Richmond,


Please check Ken Ray's great site for some valuable hints:
<http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/livecode.htm>

Especially:
-> disk001
-> env001

Maybe a good starting point!


Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Thanks for that.

Richmond.

On 7/29/17 1:46 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi Richmond,
>
>
> Please check Ken Ray's great site for some valuable hints:
> <http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/livecode.htm>
>
> Especially:
> -> disk001
> -> env001
>
> Maybe a good starting point!
>
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
BUT ;-)

env001 presupposes with a Macintosh that you have superuser access;

now if I send you a stack and try to get that stack to get your MAC
address and either send it to me or store it somewhere
I have a feeling that can only be done with your permission?

This may not be a bad thing as it does prevent a hacker having access to
info that then might be used for bad things.

Richmond.

On 7/29/17 1:53 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:

> Thanks for that.
>
> Richmond.
>
> On 7/29/17 1:46 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>> Hi Richmond,
>>
>>
>> Please check Ken Ray's great site for some valuable hints:
>> <http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/livecode.htm>
>>
>> Especially:
>> -> disk001
>> -> env001
>>
>> Maybe a good starting point!
>>
>>
>> Best
>>
>> Klaus
>>
>> --
>> Klaus Major
>> http://www.major-k.de
>> [hidden email]
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> use-livecode mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
>> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
>

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

AndyP
For Windows solution

on mouseUp

put $systemdrive into tSysDrive

//string for the shell command

put "vol " & tSySDrive into tDriveInfo

//the last word of the returned info is the ACTIVE  SYSTEM HD Serial

set the hideConsoleWindows to true

put the last word of shell(tDriveInfo) into tHDSerial

answer "HD Serial is  " && tHDSerial with "OK"

end mouseUp

This can be found at http://2108.co.uk/snippets/
Andy Piddock

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

TinyIDE a Free alternative minimalist IDE Plugin for LiveCode TinyIDE

Script editor Themer for LC http://2108.co.uk

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder. http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
In reply to this post by ** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Hi richmond,

> Am 29.07.2017 um 12:57 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> BUT ;-)
>
> env001 presupposes with a Macintosh that you have superuser access;

oh, sorry, did not take a deeper look.

Maybe you can ask the user for his admin password and do the shell commands as "sudo"
when the app starts the first time and there are no prefs yet?

> now if I send you a stack and try to get that stack to get your MAC address and either send it to me or store it somewhere
> I have a feeling that can only be done with your permission?

Yes.

> This may not be a bad thing as it does prevent a hacker having access to info that then might be used for bad things.
> Richmond.
>
> On 7/29/17 1:53 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>> Thanks for that.
>>
>> Richmond.
>>
>> On 7/29/17 1:46 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>> Hi Richmond,
>>>
>>>
>>> Please check Ken Ray's great site for some valuable hints:
>>> <http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/livecode.htm>
>>>
>>> Especially:
>>> -> disk001
>>> -> env001
>>>
>>> Maybe a good starting point!

Best

Klaus

--
Klaus Major
http://www.major-k.de
[hidden email]


_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Copy protection WAS Re: Hard Drives

** Clarence P Martin ** via use-livecode
Well, now I'm not sure about this:

I ran the script on my Macintosh (where I have the Admin account) and it
returned the MAC address,a
as in did on Linux.

So? The Q is whether this will work on a machine where the user has a
Guest account.

Richmond.

On 7/29/17 2:07 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:

> Hi richmond,
>
>> Am 29.07.2017 um 12:57 schrieb Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> BUT ;-)
>>
>> env001 presupposes with a Macintosh that you have superuser access;
> oh, sorry, did not take a deeper look.
>
> Maybe you can ask the user for his admin password and do the shell commands as "sudo"
> when the app starts the first time and there are no prefs yet?
>
>> now if I send you a stack and try to get that stack to get your MAC address and either send it to me or store it somewhere
>> I have a feeling that can only be done with your permission?
> Yes.
>
>> This may not be a bad thing as it does prevent a hacker having access to info that then might be used for bad things.
>> Richmond.
>>
>> On 7/29/17 1:53 pm, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>>> Thanks for that.
>>>
>>> Richmond.
>>>
>>> On 7/29/17 1:46 pm, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
>>>> Hi Richmond,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Please check Ken Ray's great site for some valuable hints:
>>>> <http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/livecode/livecode.htm>
>>>>
>>>> Especially:
>>>> -> disk001
>>>> -> env001
>>>>
>>>> Maybe a good starting point!
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Major
> http://www.major-k.de
> [hidden email]
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> use-livecode mailing list
> [hidden email]
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode

_______________________________________________
use-livecode mailing list
[hidden email]
Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-livecode
Loading...