Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search of the list didn’t reveal anything, and I have only been semi-lurking lately.

The subject says it all. At this point I don’t know if I can create an app in LC that runs reliably with iOS 14. I know there have been high volume grumbles from some non-LC developers that they weren’t ready when Apple started the rollout of 14 earlier than expected, but I don’t know the substance of the complaints.

Anyone just sailing along with no problems? I ask because I’m about to revive an earlier app project and don’t want to crash and burn the moment I restart.

Graham

Re: Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
There are a few apps that I’ve worked on in the store that still work in iOS 14.  Siva Siva is one that you can install and test.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 28, 2020, at 4:45 AM, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search of the list didn’t reveal anything, and I have only been semi-lurking lately.
>
> The subject says it all. At this point I don’t know if I can create an app in LC that runs reliably with iOS 14. I know there have been high volume grumbles from some non-LC developers that they weren’t ready when Apple started the rollout of 14 earlier than expected, but I don’t know the substance of the complaints.
>
> Anyone just sailing along with no problems? I ask because I’m about to revive an earlier app project and don’t want to crash and burn the moment I restart.
>
> Graham

Re: Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
I have two iOS apps in the app store and they both run fine on iOS 14.
--
Jacqueline Landman Gay | [hidden email]
On September 28, 2020 3:46:13 AM Graham Samuel via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search of the list didn’t
> reveal anything, and I have only been semi-lurking lately.
>
> The subject says it all. At this point I don’t know if I can create an app
> in LC that runs reliably with iOS 14. I know there have been high volume
> grumbles from some non-LC developers that they weren’t ready when Apple
> started the rollout of 14 earlier than expected, but I don’t know the
> substance of the complaints.
>
> Anyone just sailing along with no problems? I ask because I’m about to
> revive an earlier app project and don’t want to crash and burn the moment I
> restart.
>
> Graham

Re: Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
I’ve just recently upgraded my iPhone and so ended up using iOS14, initially some apps that I had previously installed on my older iPhone would’t install on the new phone, most of them are quite old, so I rebuilt them using LC9.6.0 and Xcode 11.4. The first time I launched them they all worked fine on first launch, but none of them would launch for a second time, however, when I rebuilt them again using LC9.6.1 and Xcode 11.5 they all work fine.

These are all apps that I have built for my own use and are not published through the app store.

Paul

> On 28Sep, 2020, at 01:44, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search of the list didn’t reveal anything, and I have only been semi-lurking lately.
>
> The subject says it all. At this point I don’t know if I can create an app in LC that runs reliably with iOS 14. I know there have been high volume grumbles from some non-LC developers that they weren’t ready when Apple started the rollout of 14 earlier than expected, but I don’t know the substance of the complaints.
>
> Anyone just sailing along with no problems? I ask because I’m about to revive an earlier app project and don’t want to crash and burn the moment I restart.
>
> Graham

Re: Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Sorry to return to this topic, but I just tried to do what Paul did, and I failed: this is because the Simulator on my copy of XCode 11.5 wouldn’t allow me to simulate the device I actually have, an iPhone XS. This model can use iOS 14, let alone 13.5, which as far as this version of XCode goes AFAIK.

Can anyone tell me how to get a list of all the viable iPhones for this iOS level on the 11.5 simulator? Obviously I have done something daft.

Graham

> On 28 Sep 2020, at 20:13, Paul Hibbert via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I’ve just recently upgraded my iPhone and so ended up using iOS14, initially some apps that I had previously installed on my older iPhone would’t install on the new phone, most of them are quite old, so I rebuilt them using LC9.6.0 and Xcode 11.4. The first time I launched them they all worked fine on first launch, but none of them would launch for a second time, however, when I rebuilt them again using LC9.6.1 and Xcode 11.5 they all work fine.
>
> These are all apps that I have built for my own use and are not published through the app store.
>
> Paul
>
>> On 28Sep, 2020, at 01:44, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search of the list didn’t reveal anything, and I have only been semi-lurking lately.
>>
>> The subject says it all. At this point I don’t know if I can create an app in LC that runs reliably with iOS 14. I know there have been high volume grumbles from some non-LC developers that they weren’t ready when Apple started the rollout of 14 earlier than expected, but I don’t know the substance of the complaints.
>>
>> Anyone just sailing along with no problems? I ask because I’m about to revive an earlier app project and don’t want to crash and burn the moment I restart.
>>
>> Graham

Re: Has anyone published an iPhone app that works on iOS 14?

Ralph DiMola via use-livecode
Answered my own question, or rather there is an answer in the Xcode documentation under "Create a simulator configuration”. Turns out a whole lot of other devices are hiding there, certainly including the iPhone XS.

Sorry I disturbed the list.

Graham