Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Simon
Hi,
I had thought it was 50 GB but my ftp is telling me it's full at 24.2055 GB.

Thanks,
Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Mike Bonner
I just looked up the promotional email I got from way back when and it says
this:

   - Get quality hosting
   <http://www.on-rev.com/hosting/features-chart/?id=G0042P03853>, 100GB
   storage, 500GB bandwidth/month with a range of top end hosting features.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I had thought it was 50 GB but my ftp is telling me it's full at 24.2055
> GB.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Mike Bonner
Hmm yep, and it shows my cap at 50, so a) its not the 100 promised by the
deal, and if you're getting less than 50, thats even worse.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just looked up the promotional email I got from way back when and it
> says this:
>

>    - Get quality hosting
>    <http://www.on-rev.com/hosting/features-chart/?id=G0042P03853>, 100GB
>    storage, 500GB bandwidth/month with a range of top end hosting features.
>

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I had thought it was 50 GB but my ftp is telling me it's full at 24.2055
>> GB.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Simon
Thanks Mike,
And there I was blaming owncloud for deleting a bunch of my local files grrr...  I stopped using owncloud and switched to upload only syncing, but if was just a sudden reduction in available disk space that would explain it.

Do you think this is Urgent enough to wake up David?

Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Mike Bonner
A sudden reduction, nuking files would be rather upsetting.  I suspect
you're right about the reason.  Yeah, you might pop a message towards
Scottland.  And if you would, you might mention that founders are supposed
to have 100g. Not 50.

JB

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
If they are screwing the on-rev founders which I am a
on-rev founder, then when you lock in the low price of
the Indie License forever

you should expect to be screwed in the near future.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 10, 2015, at 5:59 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hmm yep, and it shows my cap at 50, so a) its not the 100 promised by the
> deal, and if you're getting less than 50, thats even worse.
>

> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:57 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I just looked up the promotional email I got from way back when and it
>> says this:
>>

>>   - Get quality hosting
>>   <http://www.on-rev.com/hosting/features-chart/?id=G0042P03853>, 100GB
>>   storage, 500GB bandwidth/month with a range of top end hosting features.
>>

>> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I had thought it was 50 GB but my ftp is telling me it's full at 24.2055
>>> GB.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Simon

RE: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Ralph DiMola
I'm a founder and cPanel has me at:

Disk Space Usage xxxxx GB / 97.66 GB
Monthly Bandwidth Transfer xxxxxGB / 488.28 GB

My guess is that with all the server shuffling you got reduced by mistake.
If your banging up against the limit wakeup David if not send a support
request.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services
[hidden email]

I just looked up the promotional email I got from way back when and it says
this:

   - Get quality hosting
   <http://www.on-rev.com/hosting/features-chart/?id=G0042P03853>, 100GB
   storage, 500GB bandwidth/month with a range of top end hosting features.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 6:21 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I had thought it was 50 GB but my ftp is telling me it's full at
> 24.2055 GB.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon

RE: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Simon
Ralph DiMola wrote
I'm a founder and cPanel has me at:

Disk Space Usage xxxxx GB / 97.66 GB
Monthly Bandwidth Transfer xxxxxGB / 488.28 GB
Wow 97?
Mine is showing me
Disk Space Usage 552.96 KB / 48.83 GB
Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 5.52 GB / 488.28 GB
But because of that 552.96 I never believed that cPanel home page was reliable.  I used the Disk Space Usage thingy and that showed me the 24 GB

Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Mike Bonner
I'm sure its an accident too.  For me, not critical, I'm not using much
space, but it would be nice to know it was there like its supposed to be.

JB

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
I am not using any space but I have no reason to
trust the Indie License forever price if forever has
a limited meaning to the LiveCode Team.  Even so
I was more interestested in the Business License
so they do not need to worry about it.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 10, 2015, at 7:20 PM, Mike Bonner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm sure its an accident too.  For me, not critical, I'm not using much
> space, but it would be nice to know it was there like its supposed to be.
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 7:15 PM, Simon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Ralph DiMola wrote
>>> I'm a founder and cPanel has me at:
>>>
>>> Disk Space Usage      xxxxx GB / 97.66 GB
>>> Monthly Bandwidth Transfer    xxxxxGB / 488.28 GB
>>
>> Wow 97?
>> Mine is showing me
>> Disk Space Usage        552.96 KB / 48.83 GB
>> Monthly Bandwidth Transfer      5.52 GB / 488.28 GB
>> But because of that 552.96 I never believed that cPanel home page was
>> reliable.  I used the Disk Space Usage thingy and that showed me the 24 GB
>>
>> Simon

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

mwieder
On 07/10/2015 06:15 PM, Simon wrote:

> Wow 97?
> Mine is showing me
> Disk Space Usage 552.96 KB / 48.83 GB
> Monthly Bandwidth Transfer 5.52 GB / 488.28 GB
> But because of that 552.96 I never believed that cPanel home page was
> reliable.  I used the Disk Space Usage thingy and that showed me the 24 GB

OK - that made me look.
I'm showing Disk Space Usage   250.27MB / 48.83 GB
and a good half of my usage is in the .spamassassin folder

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

JB wrote:

 > I am not using any space but I have no reason to
 > trust the Indie License forever price if forever has
 > a limited meaning to the LiveCode Team.

Using "if" like that is really cool, as it allows us to say things
without being accountable to them.  Let me try:  "If JB eats kittens,
surely we have no reason to trust him with any pets." Yep, good fun.

Did you actually get a notice from the LiveCode team in which they've
attempted to unilaterally alter some contractual agreement with you, or
are you just making stuff up?

  Software Design and Development for Desktop, Mobile, and Web
JB

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
No Richard,  it means if I eat kittens I like
to eat pissy.

I ddi not start this conversation about the
size limits being changed.  I stated that I
am a on-rev founder and that I am not at
this time using any of the space allocated
to me.  I did not check the space so I said
IF they changed the space and made it lower
then I personally have no reason to believe
the Indie license with its forever price will be
forever.  Yes I received that from LIveCode
and any lifetime agreements that are not to
be honored for your lifetime make me think
a Forever agreement will not last either.

I said IF because I do not know for sure and I
gave them a small benefit of the doubt.  But it
sounded to me like the space was lowered and
if I remember correctly they talked about doing
that in the past so it made me think they actually
did lower it but I do not know so it remains IF.

I see you failed to provide evidence to prove it
one way off another and yet attacked me for
saying IF they lowered the space.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 10, 2015, at 8:21 PM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> JB wrote:
>
> > I am not using any space but I have no reason to
> > trust the Indie License forever price if forever has
> > a limited meaning to the LiveCode Team.
>
> Using "if" like that is really cool, as it allows us to say things without being accountable to them.  Let me try:  "If JB eats kittens, surely we have no reason to trust him with any pets." Yep, good fun.
>
> Did you actually get a notice from the LiveCode team in which they've attempted to unilaterally alter some contractual agreement with you, or are you just making stuff up?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems
> Software Design and Development for Desktop, Mobile, and Web

[fan boy] Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

scott@elementarysoftware.com
If I had paid ahead for an enterprise license many years into the future and then the company went open source and licensing schemes changed and different products became available and I still continued to get a commercial license for everything, then I would tend to trust the Indy offer. And hey, that’s exactly what has happened!  And my On-Rev Founders account shows me allocated 97.66 GB.

Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
web       http://elementarysoftware.com/
email     [hidden email]
office     1-800-615-0867

> On Jul 10, 2015, at 10:09 PM, JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No Richard,  it means if I eat kittens I like
> to eat pissy.
>
> I ddi not start this conversation about the
> size limits being changed.  I stated that I
> am a on-rev founder and that I am not at
> this time using any of the space allocated
> to me.  I did not check the space so I said
> IF they changed the space and made it lower
> then I personally have no reason to believe
> the Indie license with its forever price will be
> forever.  Yes I received that from LIveCode
> and any lifetime agreements that are not to
> be honored for your lifetime make me think
> a Forever agreement will not last either.
>
> I said IF because I do not know for sure and I
> gave them a small benefit of the doubt.  But it
> sounded to me like the space was lowered and
> if I remember correctly they talked about doing
> that in the past so it made me think they actually
> did lower it but I do not know so it remains IF.
>
> I see you failed to provide evidence to prove it
> one way off another and yet attacked me for
> saying IF they lowered the space.
>
> John Balgenorth
>

> On Jul 10, 2015, at 8:21 PM, Richard Gaskin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> JB wrote:
>>
>>> I am not using any space but I have no reason to
>>> trust the Indie License forever price if forever has
>>> a limited meaning to the LiveCode Team.
>>
>> Using "if" like that is really cool, as it allows us to say things without being accountable to them.  Let me try:  "If JB eats kittens, surely we have no reason to trust him with any pets." Yep, good fun.
>>
>> Did you actually get a notice from the LiveCode team in which they've attempted to unilaterally alter some contractual agreement with you, or are you just making stuff up?
>>
>> --
>> Richard Gaskin
>> Fourth World Systems
>> Software Design and Development for Desktop, Mobile, and Web

JB

Re: [fan boy] Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
They have made a lot of changes.  My Enterprise license
is Forever.

I am glad to hear you have the correct amount of space
and I hope everyone else does too.  I am not using any
of my space.  I also have a large amount of space with my
internet provider that I am not using.  Anytime I want I can
use all the space i need for free.  The Indy offer does not
interest me because I have reason to believe the program
I am going to sell will exceed the Indy limits.  That is why I
said I am more interested in the business license.  I am
developing that program with Revolution so all of my work
falls within my Enterprise license.  Recently there were post
about developing commercial products without a commercial
license.  What ever the rules are I am legally writing my code.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 10, 2015, at 10:43 PM, Scott Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If I had paid ahead for an enterprise license many years into the future and then the company went open source and licensing schemes changed and different products became available and I still continued to get a commercial license for everything, then I would tend to trust the Indy offer. And hey, that’s exactly what has happened!  And my On-Rev Founders account shows me allocated 97.66 GB.
>
> Scott Morrow
>
> Elementary Software
> (Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
> web       http://elementarysoftware.com/
> email     [hidden email]
> office     1-800-615-0867
>
>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 10:09 PM, JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No Richard,  it means if I eat kittens I like
>> to eat pissy.
>>
>> I ddi not start this conversation about the
>> size limits being changed.  I stated that I
>> am a on-rev founder and that I am not at
>> this time using any of the space allocated
>> to me.  I did not check the space so I said
>> IF they changed the space and made it lower
>> then I personally have no reason to believe
>> the Indie license with its forever price will be
>> forever.  Yes I received that from LIveCode
>> and any lifetime agreements that are not to
>> be honored for your lifetime make me think
>> a Forever agreement will not last either.
>>
>> I said IF because I do not know for sure and I
>> gave them a small benefit of the doubt.  But it
>> sounded to me like the space was lowered and
>> if I remember correctly they talked about doing
>> that in the past so it made me think they actually
>> did lower it but I do not know so it remains IF.
>>
>> I see you failed to provide evidence to prove it
>> one way off another and yet attacked me for
>> saying IF they lowered the space.
>>
>> John Balgenorth

>>> Using "if" like that is really cool, as it allows us to say things without being accountable to them.  Let me try:  "If JB eats kittens, surely we have no reason to trust him with any pets." Yep, good fun.
>>>
>>> Did you actually get a notice from the LiveCode team in which they've attempted to unilaterally alter some contractual agreement with you, or are you just making stuff up?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Richard Gaskin
>>> Fourth World Systems
>>> Software Design and Development for Desktop, Mobile, and Web

Re: [fan boy] Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

scott@elementarysoftware.com
Hello John,
Just out of curiosity, if you have a “Forever" Enterprise license then are you interested in the Indy license for other members of a team?
--
Scott Morrow

JB

Re: [fan boy] Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
I am the team!  The program is
80 to 90 percent done and do
not need anyone else at this
point.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 10, 2015, at 11:35 PM, Scott Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello John,
> Just out of curiosity, if you have a “Forever" Enterprise license then are you interested in the Indy license for other members of a team?
> --
> Scott Morrow
>
>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 11:10 PM, JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> They have made a lot of changes.  My Enterprise license
>> is Forever.
>>
>> I am glad to hear you have the correct amount of space
>> and I hope everyone else does too.  I am not using any
>> of my space.  I also have a large amount of space with my
>> internet provider that I am not using.  Anytime I want I can
>> use all the space i need for free.  The Indy offer does not
>> interest me because I have reason to believe the program
>> I am going to sell will exceed the Indy limits.  That is why I
>> said I am more interested in the business license.  I am
>> developing that program with Revolution so all of my work
>> falls within my Enterprise license.  Recently there were post
>> about developing commercial products without a commercial
>> license.  What ever the rules are I am legally writing my code.
>>
>> John Balgenorth
>>

>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 10:43 PM, Scott Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> If I had paid ahead for an enterprise license many years into the future and then the company went open source and licensing schemes changed and different products became available and I still continued to get a commercial license for everything, then I would tend to trust the Indy offer. And hey, that’s exactly what has happened!  And my On-Rev Founders account shows me allocated 97.66 GB.
>>>
>>> Scott Morrow
>>>
>>> Elementary Software
>>> (Now with 20% less chalk dust!)
>>> web       http://elementarysoftware.com/
>>> email     [hidden email]
>>> office     1-800-615-0867

Re: [fan boy] Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

scott@elementarysoftware.com
That’s the same boat that most of us are in, I think. One person driving the entire operation. I’m always interested in how a multi-person LiveCode team would operate. Actually, I’m even more interested in how other individuals operate. Most of us work without being able to observe the workflow of our peers (Hence the recent string of posts on "Best way to check if a Field is a label?”) Which is really a sort of best practice conversation.

Scott Morrow

JB

Re: [fan boy] Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

JB
I was an electrical contractor and did all of that
by myself too.  People say they want work but
it was impossible for me to find someone who
I could depend on.  They think one job can be
a career.  It would take me longer to teach a
new person in the industry than it would to do
the job myself.  A large contractor has the money
and workers to weed them out and keep good
workers.

I have been programming by myself since the Vic
20, commodore 64 and Apple //e.

I would not know how to run team.  That speaks
very highly of Kevin Miller.

John Balgenorth

On Jul 11, 2015, at 12:02 AM, Scott Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That’s the same boat that most of us are in, I think. One person driving the entire operation. I’m always interested in how a multi-person LiveCode team would operate. Actually, I’m even more interested in how other individuals operate. Most of us work without being able to observe the workflow of our peers (Hence the recent string of posts on "Best way to check if a Field is a label?”) Which is really a sort of best practice conversation.
>
> —
> Scott Morrow
>
>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 11:49 PM, JB <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I am the team!  The program is
>> 80 to 90 percent done and do
>> not need anyone else at this
>> point.
>>
>> John Balgenorth
>>

>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 11:35 PM, Scott Morrow <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello John,
>>> Just out of curiosity, if you have a “Forever" Enterprise license then are you interested in the Indy license for other members of a team?
>>> --
>>> Scott Morrow

Re: Has the "founders" on-rev package been reduced to 25 GB?

Matthias Rebbe | M-R-D

we have three founder packages here and all show 100GB in cPanel.  If yours does not, then just drop support [hidden email] an email. I am sure they will fix it.

I think this “downgrade" happened when accounts where moved to newer servers.  I am pretty sure it was not intended.

Matthias