Have you made an iOS or Android app with LiveCode and published it in an app store?

Have you made an iOS or Android app with LiveCode and published it in an app store?

Ben Rubinstein
About 9 months ago, a few months after the first LiveCode-made app was
accepted into Apple's app store, I posted a message on the dev list asking
anyone who'd now had an app published on the app store to stick their hands
up.  I was surprised and impressed with the results.

It's now thirteen months since that first app was accepted; and from remarks
on the list I think quite a few more people have published apps into Apple's
app store, and now we're also able to make Android apps.  But AFAIK there's no
way to tell from an app store whether any given app was made with LiveCode.

So, to satisfy my curiosity, I'm asking the same question again.

If you've made an app with LiveCode for Android, iPhone or iPad, and offered
it on an app store, and don't mind telling the world about it, please take a
moment to complete this very brief (one page, four mandatory questions, four
optional questions) data collection form:

http://www.surveymk.com/s/C93Y6LT

The system should allow you to complete it multiple times - if you've got more
than one app, please complete it for each one.

I'll publish all the results back to this list - so don't mention anything you
don't want to say publicly!

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Re: Have you made an iOS or Android app with LiveCode and published it in an app store?

Mark Smith
Hi Ben, you might want to post this on the runrev livecode forums in the iOS section. Or, I could post it there for you.

-- Mark

On 01/12/2011 00:23, Mark Smith wrote:
> Hi Ben, you might want to post this on the runrev livecode forums in the iOS
> section. Or, I could post it there for you.

Mark, that's a great point.  I'm afraid I'm such an old fogey that I never
really got into the forums, I've just stuck on the lists.

If you would post it in the iOS (and Android, if there is one) forum that
would be really kind.  And anywhere else that you think would be useful.

Like I said, this is kind of nosiness on my part: I'm really keen to see how
many people have made 'out there' apps (as opposed to ones for private
distribution or in house use); but there's a hidden propaganda objective as
well - I'm looking for evidence that LC can be used to make commercial quality
mobile apps.

Many thanks,

Ben

Re: Have you made an iOS or Android app with LiveCode and published it in an app store?

Ben Rubinstein
Many thanks to the folks who've so far taken the time to report their apps at
the URL
        http://www.surveymk.com/s/C93Y6LT

34 apps so far (but only one on Android - can that be correct?).  If you've
published a mobile app in an app store, that was made with LiveCode, please
take a moment to add the details at the above URL.

If you want to see a somewhat frustrating view of the data, you can get that at:
        http://bit.ly/vYBUFh

when it looks like all that will respond have done so, I'll present the data
in a more useful format app by app, and post that in this list.

Ben

On 30/11/2011 22:07, Ben Rubinstein wrote:

> About 9 months ago, a few months after the first LiveCode-made app was
> accepted into Apple's app store, I posted a message on the dev list asking
> anyone who'd now had an app published on the app store to stick their hands
> up. I was surprised and impressed with the results.
>
> It's now thirteen months since that first app was accepted; and from remarks
> on the list I think quite a few more people have published apps into Apple's
> app store, and now we're also able to make Android apps. But AFAIK there's no
> way to tell from an app store whether any given app was made with LiveCode.
>
> So, to satisfy my curiosity, I'm asking the same question again.
>
> If you've made an app with LiveCode for Android, iPhone or iPad, and offered
> it on an app store, and don't mind telling the world about it, please take a
> moment to complete this very brief (one page, four mandatory questions, four
> optional questions) data collection form:
>
> http://www.surveymk.com/s/C93Y6LT
>
> The system should allow you to complete it multiple times - if you've got more
> than one app, please complete it for each one.
>
> I'll publish all the results back to this list - so don't mention anything you
> don't want to say publicly!
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ben

Re: Have you made an iOS or Android app with LiveCode and published it in an app store?

Mark Smith
Ben Rubinstein wrote
If you would post it in the iOS (and Android, if there is one) forum that
would be really kind.  And anywhere else that you think would be useful.
Hi Ben, your message has been cross-posted.
-- Mark