Header Widget troubles and orientationchange examples?

Header Widget troubles and orientationchange examples?

Richmond Mathewson via use-livecode
Hi All,

I am trying to do some simple navigation with the header widget.

on mouseUp

local tActionName

put the mouseAction of me into tActionName

--if tActionName is not empty then
-- Execute script triggered by the given action

if tActionName is "back" then

go prev card

else

if tActionName is  “next" then

go next card

I have changed the action name to Back and Next. However Back works fine, but Next does not. If i reset the action to “new item” the next button then works.

This doesn’t see quite right. Also, why does it not display the label “Next” near the icon like it does for “Back?” Is that because the widget was made to not show labels on additional icons?

I am also getting weird results for orientation changes . I am trying to get the header to stay at the top of the window, however on my resize command it appears to only work some of the times. Is there an example of floating around that shows a header widget updating it’s location after each rotation of the device?

Thank you!

John Patten
SUSD

Re: Header Widget troubles and orientationchange examples?

On 11/07/2017 17:42, JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to do some simple navigation with the header widget.
> I have changed the action name to Back and Next. However Back works fine, but Next does not. If i reset the action to “new item” the next button then works.
Not sure about that one. If it's a small stack and you're ok with it -
email direct to me and I'll take a look. It took me a few tries but I
finally did get my Header Widget to do (more or less) what I want.
> This doesn’t see quite right. Also, why does it not display the label “Next” near the icon like it does for “Back?” Is that because the widget was made to not show labels on additional icons?
If you disable "first item left", then all icons act the same. If it is
enabled, then all the items except the first one (i.e. those to the
right of the title) are controlled by the choice of "icon" or "text" in
itemStyle. The first/left one seems to be exceptional, and always
displays both icon and text - and that matches the visual behaviour of
most, if not all, of Apple's iOS apps - so I guess there's a guideline
somewhere that recommends it.

However, there are other iOS apps that don't follow that convention, so
I think it would be worht putting in an enhancement request asking to be
able to do it.

Alex.