Help: script works fine in dev not in standalone

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Help: script works fine in dev not in standalone

Emilio Gagliardi
Hi Bob,
 > go to stack "/root/folder/child_stack.rev" as toplevel

OK there may be a fielpath problem in the standalone. Does the
child_stack.rev open?
Yup, the child_stack opens fine, the problem is that the buttons  
don't move.
 >If not you can create it dynamically.
I am creating the file path dynamically

 >To move the buttons around the screen simply use
Yeah, the problem isn't that I didn't have code to move the buttons,  
rather, when I compile the .rev file the buttons no longer functioned  
as they had when I created them in development.

 > I guess this leads to a more general question, one that i asked a  
few days
 > ago, but obviously didn't quite figure out, and that is, I need an
 > application to load sub stacks.  I need the sub stack to perform some
 > non-interruptible task, and then pass control back to the parent  
stack.
 > They need to share data.  is it silly to compile the parent stack and
 > leave all sub stacks as .rev files?

No this is not silly, however, you may want to have some things  
declared as
"globals" in the standalone and then call the holder or function from  
the
.rev file. This could be one of the problems in the stack navigation.

Yeah this is exactly what i'm doing. :)  I create an array in the  
parent:
global settings["someVar"]
and then create a global variable of the same name in the child:
global settings

If I open a stack from within a standalone application, does it  
matter whether the second stack is compiled or not?  what are the  
primary differences between opening a compiled or non-compiled stack  
as a sub stack?

Again, thanks for your input.

Emilio
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Help: script works fine in dev not in standalone

Bob Hartley
You wrote:

Hi Emilio
>  >To move the buttons around the screen simply use
> Yeah, the problem isn't that I didn't have code to move the buttons,
> rather, when I compile the .rev file the buttons no longer functioned as
> they had when I created them in development.

Ahh now I see. I'm stumped with that one???????

>
>  > I guess this leads to a more general question, one that i asked a  
> few days
>  > ago, but obviously didn't quite figure out, and that is, I need an
>  > application to load sub stacks.  I need the sub stack to perform some
>  > non-interruptible task, and then pass control back to the parent  
> stack.
>  > They need to share data.  is it silly to compile the parent stack and
>  > leave all sub stacks as .rev files?
>
> No this is not silly, however, you may want to have some things declared
> as "globals" in the standalone and then call the holder or function from
> the .rev file. This could be one of the problems in the stack navigation.
>
> Yeah this is exactly what i'm doing. :)  I create an array in the parent:
> global settings["someVar"] and then create a global variable of the same
> name in the child: global settings

do you m,ean that you have two globals with the same name?

I'mnot sure how that would work but surely they will compete when you call
the global...which one to chose? Could that be the problem?
What happens if you rename one?
>
> If I open a stack from within a standalone application, does it matter
> whether the second stack is compiled or not?  what are the primary
> differences between opening a compiled or non-compiled stack as a sub
> stack?

Should be none as far as I know. I have an app that clones a substack and
then I can open this cloned substack (just a .rev file) as often as I want
and have it do things..... No problem.

I'm sure some of the gurus will be along shortly with the definitive answer

cheers
bob

> Again, thanks for your input.
>
> Emilio _______________________________________________ use-revolution
> mailing list [hidden email]
> http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution
>
_______________________________________________
use-revolution mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.runrev.com/mailman/listinfo/use-revolution