Help with Windows Registry

Michael D.-2
Hello
I've run into getting the hexadecimal data from the windows registry. I
need to pull the Value Data from a Dword Value but I just get a "0". I'm
trying this:
put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControSet\Control
\IDConfigDB\Alias\0001\ProfileNumber\")into field tNum
Do I need to convert this Value Data since its Hexadecimal or can the
value be read and placed into a field without conversion ?
Any help with this would be great
MichaelD

Re: Help with Windows Registry

xbury.cs
Michael

it is in hex so you have to read it as a hex (if the value is larger than
9, a-f will not make sense
in decimal notation...

so yes, you need to read it, convert it to hex (via baseconvert for
example)and then put it into the field
for editing.

Reverse the line above to write it...

cheers
Xavier

[hidden email] wrote on 11/08/2005 13:59:09:

> Hello
> I've run into getting the hexadecimal data from the windows registry. I
> need to pull the Value Data from a Dword Value but I just get a "0". I'm
> trying this:
> put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControSet\Control
> \IDConfigDB\Alias\0001\ProfileNumber\")into field tNum
> Do I need to convert this Value Data since its Hexadecimal or can the
> value be read and placed into a field without conversion ?
> Any help with this would be great
> MichaelD

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER

Re: Help with Windows Registry

Ken Ray
On 8/11/05 6:59 AM, "Michael" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
> I've run into getting the hexadecimal data from the windows registry. I
> need to pull the Value Data from a Dword Value but I just get a "0". I'm
> trying this:
> put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControSet\Control
> \IDConfigDB\Alias\0001\ProfileNumber\")into field tNum
> Do I need to convert this Value Data since its Hexadecimal or can the
> value be read and placed into a field without conversion ?
> Any help with this would be great

Take a look at the tip at my site:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm?_win001

This has to do with *setting* binary data in the registry, but you only need
to do the reverse in order to retrieve it.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: [hidden email]

Re: Help with Windows Registry

Michael D.-2
Hi Ray
By reverse I would use queryRegistry and binaryDecode ?.

> On 8/11/05 6:59 AM, "Michael" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > I've run into getting the hexadecimal data from the windows registry. I
> > need to pull the Value Data from a Dword Value but I just get a "0". I'm
> > trying this:
> > put queryRegistry("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\CurrentControSet\Control
> > \IDConfigDB\Alias\0001\ProfileNumber\")into field tNum
> > Do I need to convert this Value Data since its Hexadecimal or can the
> > value be read and placed into a field without conversion ?
> > Any help with this would be great
>
> Take a look at the tip at my site:
>
> http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm?_win001
>
> This has to do with *setting* binary data in the registry, but you only
need

> to do the reverse in order to retrieve it.
>
> Ken Ray
> Sons of Thunder Software
> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
> Email: [hidden email]