Help with defaultfolder

Jack Rarick
I'm having a difficult time setting the defaultfolder to an attached
volume or drive. I keep gettting a "Can't Open Directory" issue. I have
"supervisor" rights on my iBook g4, Mac Mini and iMac. No joy on any one
of these machines. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Jack Rarick
Braintree Athletics

Re: Help with defaultfolder

Peter T. Evensen
What are you typing in?  Are you doing this in the message box or via ask
folder?

If the message box, make sure you are using "/Volumes/<drive name>"

At 09:13 AM 4/28/2006, you wrote:
>I'm having a difficult time setting the defaultfolder to an attached
>volume or drive. I keep gettting a "Can't Open Directory" issue. I have
>"supervisor" rights on my iBook g4, Mac Mini and iMac. No joy on any one
>of these machines. Thanks for all your help in advance.
>
>Jack Rarick
>Braintree Athletics

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588

Re: Help with defaultfolder

xtalkprogrammer
Hi Jack,

This is a script that works for me (one of my volumes is called
PowerMac G3):

on foo
   put the defaultfolder into myFolder
   set the defaultfolder to "/volumes/Powermac G3"
   put the folders
   set the defaultfolder to myFolder
end foo

If this doesn't help, post the part of your script that causes problems.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 28-apr-2006, om 16:13 heeft Jack Rarick het volgende geschreven:

> I'm having a difficult time setting the defaultfolder to an attached
> volume or drive. I keep gettting a "Can't Open Directory" issue. I
> have
> "supervisor" rights on my iBook g4, Mac Mini and iMac. No joy on
> any one
> of these machines. Thanks for all your help in advance.
>
> Jack Rarick
> Braintree Athletics

Kind regards,

Drs. Mark Schonewille