HilitedLine of list field lost when unlocked field selected

HilitedLine of list field lost when unlocked field selected

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
This seems like a problem that I’ve solved before, but I can’t recall how.  With a line hilited in a locked list-behavior-true field, I can use the mouse to select text in any of a number of unlocked fields without disturbing my list’s hilite.  But if I use the tabKey to move the insertion point or selection from one unlocked field to the next, the list hilite is lost.  How can I preserve it?

Many thanks.
David Epstein

Re: HilitedLine of list field lost when unlocked field selected

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Hi David.

Not sure about your issue losing the selection when tabbing between controls. However many have instituted a method of setting the imageSource of the first character of a line of a field to mark a hilited line. Since things like check marks and bullets are not consistent in fonts between platforms, this is the workaround. I usually prepend a space and a tab on each line, then set the tabstops of the field to accomodate the graphic, so that the actual text in each line remain letf-aligned. It works pretty good.

Otherwise, why not use a datagrid? Then you can just get the dgHilitedLine of the datagrid, then the dgDataOfLine [it] for your value.

Bob S

> On May 30, 2018, at 18:29 , David Epstein via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This seems like a problem that I’ve solved before, but I can’t recall how.  With a line hilited in a locked list-behavior-true field, I can use the mouse to select text in any of a number of unlocked fields without disturbing my list’s hilite.  But if I use the tabKey to move the insertion point or selection from one unlocked field to the next, the list hilite is lost.  How can I preserve it?
>
> Many thanks.
> David Epstein

Re: HilitedLine of list field lost when unlocked field selected

Tore Nilsen via use-livecode
Hi.

I am in v. 8.1.9 and do not see this in either locked or unlocked fields. I
made three, clicked on a line in each, which hilited correctly, and then
both tabbed and clicked all morning through them. Each hilited line stuck
unless I changed it.

Craig