Ho to pay pledge

Bob Sneidar-2
Not sure how to pay up at this point. Anyone got a URL? I thot I had it in my history but the infinite livecode page does not seem to offer me a way to pay.

Re: Ho to pay pledge

J. Landman Gay
I received an email with a customized link. In fact, I got three of them.
Maybe one was yours...

On May 24, 2016 6:13:51 PM Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Not sure how to pay up at this point. Anyone got a URL? I thot I had it in
> my history but the infinite livecode page does not seem to offer me a way
> to pay.

Re: Ho to pay pledge

mwieder
On 05/24/2016 04:21 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> I received an email with a customized link. In fact, I got three of
> them. Maybe one was yours...

I also got three of them, and none of them work.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Ho to pay pledge

J. Landman Gay
On 5/24/2016 8:08 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 05/24/2016 04:21 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> I received an email with a customized link. In fact, I got three of
>> them. Maybe one was yours...
>
> I also got three of them, and none of them work.

I had to do it in Safari, at least on Mac. My copy of Thunderbird is so
locked down it wouldn't let the scripts run.

Re: Ho to pay pledge

mwieder
On 05/24/2016 06:32 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 5/24/2016 8:08 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>> On 05/24/2016 04:21 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>> I received an email with a customized link. In fact, I got three of
>>> them. Maybe one was yours...
>>
>> I also got three of them, and none of them work.
>>

> I had to do it in Safari, at least on Mac. My copy of Thunderbird is so
> locked down it wouldn't let the scripts run.

Ah. I guess they don't need money from us linux users.

On a related note, it appears the whole web site has been dumbed down
yet another notch to the point where I can no longer find anything.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Malte Brill
My link worked. First I could not log in. Afterwards I was a little cheesed off that the only option to pay was by credit card. Oh well…

Malte

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Richard Gaskin
Malte Brill wrote:

 > My link worked. First I could not log in. Afterwards I was a little
 > cheesed off that the only option to pay was by credit card. Oh well…

I thought they were using PayPal now.

WorldPay had so many issues I'm not sure how it stays in business, and
PayPal has the extra advantage few other payment systems have:  because
its users can have their own balance in PayPal separate from their
credit cards and bank accounts, customers tend to spend PayPal money
more freely than other options; it feels like play money to many.

I had my customers demanding PayPal for many years before I switched,
and once I did the only regret was that I hadn't done so earlier.  Most
of my customers make their living exclusively from online sales so they
have more data than I do, and some of them earn far more than I do.
They're in a position to know firsthand about "the PayPal Effect", and
even if the fees are slightly higher than with other payment options the
volume and lower payment support costs have made it strongly
net-positive for me, and for everyone I know.

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Martin Koob
I got the email with the link.  The link took me to the payment page where I entered the credit card info.  There was a "processing" message and spinner but once it disappeared there was nothing to indicate the transaction had happened.   The form was still there on the page with my credit card details.

I sent an email into support.

Martin

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Dave Kilroy
I got the email, got the link, paid successfully with credit card (at least according to messages on the page), got a receipt email from livecode and another one from stripe - but just checked my bank account and they haven't taken the money yet...
Peter M. Brigham

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Mark Wieder wrote:

 > On a related note, it appears the whole web site has been dumbed down
 > yet another notch to the point where I can no longer find anything.

I've seen many improvements in recent months, and Steven is working on
another update to be posted within the next few weeks.

The team has been very receptive to actionable input, and I'll be
working with Steven in the coming weeks to help flesh out the .org site.
  So if you have specific suggestions about the .com site I'll be happy
to pass those along in our meetings.

Re: Ho to pay pledge

mwieder
On 05/25/2016 06:49 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Malte Brill wrote:
>
>  > My link worked. First I could not log in. Afterwards I was a little
>  > cheesed off that the only option to pay was by credit card. Oh well…
>
> I thought they were using PayPal now.

Yes, it's a PayPal link, but credit card only.
A little unclear on the concept.

 ahsoftware@gmail.com

Re: Ho to pay pledge

Jim Byrnes
On 05/24/2016 11:34 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> On 05/24/2016 06:32 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>>
>>> I also got three of them, and none of them work.
>>>

>> I had to do it in Safari, at least on Mac. My copy of Thunderbird is so
>> locked down it wouldn't let the scripts run.
>>

> Ah. I guess they don't need money from us linux users.

I only got two of them, but I am on Linux and it worked without any
problems for me. Got a thank you and confirmation by email.

> On a related note, it appears the whole web site has been dumbed down
> yet another notch to the point where I can no longer find anything.

I haven't noticed that specifically on Livecode, but it seems to be a
trend.  Sites that used to have a nice concise list of links now have a
disjointed jumble of tiles cluttering up the page.  Web designers must
be catering to smart phone users. Soon desktop users will be a thing of
the past.

Regards, Jim