How big of a request can be sent with https?

How big of a request can be sent with https?

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode
I am contemplating the changes to, instead of direct postgres
communication, using an https wrapper.

How big of an inquiry can I send?  Most are small, but when opening the
file, there are something like a thousand queries as a single transaction,

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462

Re: How big of a request can be sent with https?

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode

> On Feb 8, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Dr. Hawkins via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am contemplating the changes to, instead of direct postgres
> communication, using an https wrapper.
>
> How big of an inquiry can I send?  Most are small, but when opening the
> file, there are something like a thousand queries as a single transaction,

The size of the request is determined by your PHP settings. Most default settings range from 5MB to 10MB. You can set it to a much higher value if you really need it. But, it would be better to control the sizes of the requests client side for performance/robustness reasons.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
livecloud.io
canelasoftware.com

Re: How big of a request can be sent with https?

JOHN PATTEN via use-livecode
On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Mark Talluto via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The size of the request is determined by your PHP settings. Most default
> settings range from 5MB to 10MB. You can set it to a much higher value if
> you really need it. But, it would be better to control the sizes of the
> requests client side for performance/robustness reasons.

Mine should be well below a megabyte.

It's a single request, as I need the queries to succeed/fail together, or I
could get an inconsistent state.

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462