How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi,

I can not play a sound file in HTML5. Did anybody play a sound file in HTML?

I tried the tutorial “Play sound files in HTML5”.
http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/742506-how-do-i-play-sound-files-in-html5 <http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4071/l/742506-how-do-i-play-sound-files-in-html5>

This is the url I made.
http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html <http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html>

I made exactly same stack and added
<audio id="myAudio">
    <source src="piano-melody.wav" type="audio/wav">
  </audio>
to the <body> in the HTML file.
The sound file name is "piano-melody.wav”, and put it into the same folder.

I use macOS LiveCode Indy Edition 8.1.6.

This is a JavaScript test file.
http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/jsTest.html <http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/jsTest.html>
It works.

Kenji Kojima / 小島健治
http://kenjikojima.com

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi,

do as "javascript" was introduced not before LC 9.0.0-dp4.

Get additional info here (=subforum HTML5):
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=155667#p155667.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Thanks. I will try.
--
Kenji Kojima / 小島健治
http://kenjikojima.com

> On Oct 5, 2017, at 7:16 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> do as "javascript" was introduced not before LC 9.0.0-dp4.
>
> Get additional info here (=subforum HTML5):
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=155667#p155667.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hi Kenji,

looked at http://kenjikojima.com, I had seen that before.
Your approach is *very* interesting and your work is *very*
impressing. Please show us your future artwork in that field
using LiveCode_9@HTML5.

Hermann

p.s. The HTML5-forum may be better for discussions because it
allows (small) attachments.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
[Once again. Without typos.]

Hi Kenji,

looked at
http://kenjikojima.com <http://kenjikojima.com/>
I had seen that before. Your approach is *very* interesting
and your work is *very* impressing. Please show us your future
artwork in that field using LiveCode 9 / HTML5.

Hermann

p.s. The LiveCode/HTML5-forum may be better for discussions
because it allows (small) attachments.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
Hermann,

I started making HTML5_Stacks from this afternoon.
I have to learn basic scripts. But I cannot find HTML5 tutorials.
I will see the HTML5-forum.
--
Kenji Kojima / 小島健治
http://kenjikojima.com

> On Oct 5, 2017, at 8:51 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [Once again. Without typos.]
>
> Hi Kenji,
>
> looked at
> http://kenjikojima.com <http://kenjikojima.com/>
> I had seen that before. Your approach is *very* interesting
> and your work is *very* impressing. Please show us your future
> artwork in that field using LiveCode 9 / HTML5.
>
> Hermann
>
> p.s. The LiveCode/HTML5-forum may be better for discussions
> because it allows (small) attachments.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
I used LC 9.0.0 (dp9). I could play a sound file. Thanks.

It had a strange thing the result of
        do tScript as “JavaScript”
    was “execution error” though it played.
http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html <http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html>

How can I hide a black bold belt at the bottom? It’s very ugly.
And I don’t need the LiveCode logo at the top left.

Kenji Kojima / 小島健治
http://kenjikojima.com

> On Oct 5, 2017, at 7:16 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> do as "javascript" was introduced not before LC 9.0.0-dp4.
>
> Get additional info here (=subforum HTML5):
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=155667#p155667.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
In LiveCode under the Dictionary/Guide, there is a link in the Guide for HTML5. At the bottom of that information is what is required in your html to display the app. It is surprisingly little.

LiveCode actually creates an html page that contains, from what I can tell, a considerable amount of html/code just to create the html layout (i.e. loader, images, etc.)

Hope that helps!

John Patten
SUSD

Sent from my iPad

> On Oct 7, 2017, at 8:59 AM, Kenji Kojima via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I used LC 9.0.0 (dp9). I could play a sound file. Thanks.
>
> It had a strange thing the result of
>    do tScript as “JavaScript”
>    was “execution error” though it played.
> http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html <http://kenjikojima.com/HTML5PlaySound/HTML5PlaySound.html>
>
> How can I hide a black bold belt at the bottom? It’s very ugly.
> And I don’t need the LiveCode logo at the top left.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Kenji Kojima / 小島健治
> http://kenjikojima.com
>

>> On Oct 5, 2017, at 7:16 PM, hh via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> do as "javascript" was introduced not before LC 9.0.0-dp4.
>>
>> Get additional info here (=subforum HTML5):
>> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=155667#p155667.

Re: How do I play sound files in HTML5?

J. Landman Gay via use-livecode
John,