How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi there,

I have to square graphics (line style) on top of each other.
They have the same width and height and form a letter X.

How do I select the different graphics?

Mousedown, MouseLoc and points of graphic?
Any pointers are welcome.

greetings,

William

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
William,

You could try working with the mouseControl.

Peter

> On Nov 25, 2019, at 10:19 AM, William de Smet via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I have to square graphics (line style) on top of each other.
> They have the same width and height and form a letter X.
>
> How do I select the different graphics?
>
> Mousedown, MouseLoc and points of graphic?
> Any pointers are welcome.
>

> greetings,
>
> William

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Yet another option is to use the technique from "pointInShape":
http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129274#p129274

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Put each one in a group control that extends one to the left and the other to the right

Sean Cole
Pi Digital Prod Ltd

> On 25 Nov 2019, at 18:19, William de Smet via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I have to square graphics (line style) on top of each other.
> They have the same width and height and form a letter X.
>
> How do I select the different graphics?
>
> Mousedown, MouseLoc and points of graphic?
> Any pointers are welcome.
>

> greetings,
>
> William

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi Peter,

MouseControl works fine.
Thanks.

greetings,

William

Op ma 25 nov. 2019 om 19:31 schreef Peter Bogdanoff via use-livecode <
[hidden email]>:

> William,
>
> You could try working with the mouseControl.
>
> Peter
>
> > On Nov 25, 2019, at 10:19 AM, William de Smet via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have to square graphics (line style) on top of each other.
> > They have the same width and height and form a letter X.
> >
> > How do I select the different graphics?
> >
> > Mousedown, MouseLoc and points of graphic?
> > Any pointers are welcome.
> >

> > greetings,
> >
> > William

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
Hi there,

"pointInShape" looks very interesting,
Too much for now. MouseControl does the job.
Thanks!

groeten,

William

Op ma 25 nov. 2019 om 19:45 schreef hh via use-livecode <
[hidden email]>:

> Yet another option is to use the technique from "pointInShape":
> http://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?p=129274#p129274

Re: How do I select graphics that are on top of each other with mousedown?

Mark Wieder via use-livecode
The "mouseControl" is very straightforward. The "target" would work just as well. In the card script:
on mouseUp  answer the targetend mouseUp

But for a line graphic, you must click right on the line, or the function will not work. In other words, the extent of each graphic is the same, but only the lines themselves will respond.This solves the problem discussed below, sort of.
Grouping them will not help.
This harkens back to just the opposite problem, discussed a couple of years ago, where it was desired that a click somewhere within the "extent" of the graphic would trigger an event.
Craig