How do I specify the papersize name for printing?

How do I specify the papersize name for printing?

Hello,

how do I specify the paper name / the standard drawer of the printer?

Right now I set the printpapersize to "595,842", which is "A4", but the
printer stops with asking for a "user defined" paper. How can I tell the
printer, that my print job is not a user defined paper, but just the
standard, so that the printer doesn't stops asking the user?

I didn't found the right option in the docs.

Thanks

Tiemo

AW: How do I specify the papersize name for printing?

One part of my question is answered. If I want to print on the standard
paper, I may not specify the printpapersize, then the printer won't ask for
a user specific paper.
But if I am not sure, which paper is standard on the users printer, I have
to define the size in case I need specific dimensions, but would like to get
the standard paper, if it is "A4" and available.
And what about other paper names?
Tiemo

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: How do I specify the papersize name for printing?

That is an interesting question. Working with copiers, I know that the paper "name" (= size) have to match a built-in "name" in order for the printer to auto-print, otherwise the print job gets redirected to the bypass (manual feed) tray and held until a user hits the Go button.

Sone drivers are smart enough to match size with name and send the correct name in the metadata. Some other things that have to match are thickness, coating (glossy, matte, plain etc.) and paper color, all depending on what the device supports.

Bob S