How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

RE: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Randall Reetz
When should we voice our opinions and desires, work through the issues facing this market... after runrev has announced its product architecture?  That seems a little Jobs-sonian and backwards.

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

slylabs13
The vast majority of ANY kind of video these days is flash or windows media. quicktime is small potatoes. So if you can't use flash or windows media, then the vast majority of porn will be unavailable. That's what I meant. I know if you try hard enough you can find porn on the iPhone. I guess what Steve Jobs is saying is, there is plenty of media on youtube, and typically if you can find it somewhere else, you can find it on youtube, so you are not missing much. And youtube does not allow porn, although some stuff gets through.

Bob

On May 7, 2010, at 10:27 AM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> And I really hope you aren't serious about your kids not being able to access porn from your iPhone. Steve was disingenuous when he commented, "if you want to use porn, get an Android," You or your kids can access porn from your iPhone just like the rest of the world, through the browser. I have know idea what you're referring to by mentioning Flash in conjunction to porn. Flash is not porn.
>
> Chipp Walters
> CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Ian Wood-3

On 8 May 2010, at 00:12, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> The vast majority of ANY kind of video these days is flash or
> windows media. quicktime is small potatoes.

Please don't make the standard mistake of thinking in terms of Flash
v. h264. The vast majority of video is h264-encoded, whether that file
is then shown in a Flash viewer, QT, HTML5 etc.

Ian

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Ryno Swart
Rene, There is no violation. We do our thinking in English or in
French or Afrikaans; using typewriters or computers or pencil and
paper. This is the creative process, and is personal to me, as to
you. The output may have to conform to certain specifications.
Process is as open as musical or artistic inspiration. Develop your
own process, and good luck to you.

Ryno.
http://artistvision.org/

> But I respect the contract : I think in RevTalk (it is my private
> life) and I write in Objective C and I compile "my" Objective C
> code on (in ?) Xcode...
> I don't understand where is the violation...

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

René Micout
Thank you Ryno,
I see your site and blog ! very nice...
Bon souvenir de Paris
René

Le 8 mai 2010 à 08:13, Ryno Swart a écrit :

> Rene, There is no violation. We do our thinking in English or in French or Afrikaans; using typewriters or computers or pencil and paper. This is the creative process, and is personal to me, as to you. The output may have to conform to certain specifications. Process is as open as musical or artistic inspiration. Develop your own process, and good luck to you.
>
> Ryno.
> http://artistvision.org/
>

>> But I respect the contract : I think in RevTalk (it is my private life) and I write in Objective C and I compile "my" Objective C code on (in ?) Xcode...
>> I don't understand where is the violation...

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Thomas McGrath III-3
Ryno,

Love your artwork. Especially the style of your watercolor pieces.

Regards,

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
[hidden email]

I Can Speak - Communication for the rest of us...
http://mypad.lazyriver.on-rev.com

I Can Speak on the iPad Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/i-can-speak/id364733279?mt=8

DeMoted - Have you DeMoted Someone today?
http://demoted.lazyriver.on-rev.com

DeMoted on the iTune App Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/demoted/id355925236?mt=8

On May 8, 2010, at 2:13 AM, Ryno Swart wrote:

> Rene, There is no violation. We do our thinking in English or in French or Afrikaans; using typewriters or computers or pencil and paper. This is the creative process, and is personal to me, as to you. The output may have to conform to certain specifications. Process is as open as musical or artistic inspiration. Develop your own process, and good luck to you.
>
> Ryno.
> http://artistvision.org/
>

>> But I respect the contract : I think in RevTalk (it is my private life) and I write in Objective C and I compile "my" Objective C code on (in ?) Xcode...
>> I don't understand where is the violation...

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

slylabs13
But when you click the link, it plays in a flash viewer instead of a Quicktime viewer. That is what is going to happen on an iPhone, and because of that, it won't play. I'm actually not even sure if the iPhone employs or allows a quicktime movie to play in a browser.

Bob

On May 7, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Ian Wood wrote:

> On 8 May 2010, at 00:12, Bob Sneidar wrote:
>
>> The vast majority of ANY kind of video these days is flash or windows media. quicktime is small potatoes.
>
> Please don't make the standard mistake of thinking in terms of Flash v. h264. The vast majority of video is h264-encoded, whether that file is then shown in a Flash viewer, QT, HTML5 etc.
>
> Ian

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Andre Garzia-3
if it is a youtube video, then it plays fine...

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Bob Sneidar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But when you click the link, it plays in a flash viewer instead of a
> Quicktime viewer. That is what is going to happen on an iPhone, and because
> of that, it won't play. I'm actually not even sure if the iPhone employs or
> allows a quicktime movie to play in a browser.
>
> Bob
>

> On May 7, 2010, at 4:41 PM, Ian Wood wrote:
>

> > On 8 May 2010, at 00:12, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> >
> >> The vast majority of ANY kind of video these days is flash or windows
> media. quicktime is small potatoes.
> >
> > Please don't make the standard mistake of thinking in terms of Flash v.
> h264. The vast majority of video is h264-encoded, whether that file is then
> shown in a Flash viewer, QT, HTML5 etc.
> >
> > Ian

http://www.andregarzia.com All We Do Is Code.

Re: How exactly does runrev for ipad/iphone work?

Stephen Barncard-4
Quicktime runs fine on an iPhone. That's the whole idea.
Anyone can make a platform-independent "player" for quicktime.  Using
the *export
to web* feature from QT Pro, one can see the array of files that allow
scaling to different formats:  iphone, other phones, desktop. and the html
to display it.
Works perfectly on the fone. Rotates, etc.