How to create hundreds of stacks with the same name in a loop?

How to create hundreds of stacks with the same name in a loop?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Hi all,

I want to create in a loop hundreds of stack files as storage for datas in a
custom property. What I wanted to do is to give the stack file a unique
name. But the name of the stack in all files always "foo" for easier
handling afterwords. In my loop I just create the stack, set the custom
property, set the destroystack to true, save and close. When using a unique
name for the stack also (foo1, foo2, foo3,.), everything works fine, each
stack is closed one after the other after creation. But when using the same
name "foo" for the stack, no stack is being closed, because Rev "thinks" it
is being still used, though it is another stack file. The destroy stack
doesn't frees the stacks, as long as any handler is running, because all
have the same name.

Any ideas, how to create a lot of stacks with the same name - but different
names for the stack file?

Thanks for any ideas

Tiemo

Re: How to create hundreds of stacks with the same name in a loop?

masmit
Tiemo, you can <save stack "foo" as "foo1.rev">, so you should be
able to do what you need to.

Best,

Mark

On 10 Jun 2008, at 08:47, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I want to create in a loop hundreds of stack files as storage for
> datas in a
> custom property. What I wanted to do is to give the stack file a
> unique
> name. But the name of the stack in all files always "foo" for easier
> handling afterwords. In my loop I just create the stack, set the
> custom
> property, set the destroystack to true, save and close. When using
> a unique
> name for the stack also (foo1, foo2, foo3,.), everything works
> fine, each
> stack is closed one after the other after creation. But when using
> the same
> name "foo" for the stack, no stack is being closed, because Rev
> "thinks" it
> is being still used, though it is another stack file. The destroy
> stack
> doesn't frees the stacks, as long as any handler is running,
> because all
> have the same name.
>

> Any ideas, how to create a lot of stacks with the same name - but
> different
> names for the stack file?
>
> Thanks for any ideas
>
> Tiemo

AW: How to create hundreds of stacks with the same name in a loop?

Tiemo Hollmann TB
Thanks Mark, I'll give it a try
Tiemo

> -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Phil Davis-5
Hi Tiemo,

In addition to what Mark said, you can do this, which works:

create stack "foo"
set the destroyStack of stack "foo" to true
save stack "foo" as tMyFileName
delete stack "foo"

The "delete" command removes "foo" from Rev's memory, but does not
delete the saved file. But be careful - if "foo" were a substack, the
"delete" command would in fact delete it from its stackfile! But since
"foo" is a mainstack, you're OK. So use "delete" with caution.

Hope this helps -
Phil Davis

--
Phil Davis