How to debug a hard crash of a windows standalone nowadays?

How to debug a hard crash of a windows standalone nowadays?

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Hi Folks,

I have a windows standalone that has been moved from 6 to 8 crashing reliably (only the standalone). How do we debug situations like this nowadays?
I vaguely recall there was a crash report external back in the day, but I do not remember.

Any pointers?

Cheers,

Malte

Re: How to debug a hard crash of a windows standalone nowadays?

Tom Glod via use-livecode
I generally embed debugging code so I can find out where the issue is.  You
can write info to a log file, a dialog, etc.

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Malte Pfaff-Brill via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a windows standalone that has been moved from 6 to 8 crashing
> reliably (only the standalone). How do we debug situations like this
> nowadays?
> I vaguely recall there was a crash report external back in the day, but I
> do not remember.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."

Re: How to debug a hard crash of a windows standalone nowadays?

Tom Glod via use-livecode
Have you tried the new remote debugging feature?

On September 18, 2017 8:34:01 AM Malte Pfaff-Brill via use-livecode
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have a windows standalone that has been moved from 6 to 8 crashing
> reliably (only the standalone). How do we debug situations like this nowadays?
> I vaguely recall there was a crash report external back in the day, but I
> do not remember.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Malte

Re: How to debug a hard crash of a windows standalone nowadays?

Tom Glod via use-livecode
jsut a shot in the dark.....lol.... if you are hiding taskbar by any
chance....there is a bug associated with that that gives a really hard
crash.