How to get LiveCode to return 'Today' & 'Now'?

How to get LiveCode to return 'Today' & 'Now'?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Hi folks,
Please can anyone share the magic syntax to

put today into tDate

put now into the tTime

I haven’t found a magic keyword to seed the docs or Google.
Thanks
Keith

Re: How to get LiveCode to return 'Today' & 'Now'?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
the date
the time

Thanks,
Brian
On Aug 9, 2018, 8:56 AM -0500, Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>, wrote:

> Hi folks,
> Please can anyone share the magic syntax to
>
> put today into tDate
>
> put now into the tTime
>
> I haven’t found a magic keyword to seed the docs or Google.
> Thanks
> Keith

Re: How to get LiveCode to return 'Today' & 'Now'?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Use any form of the date (short, long,international,system) for today, an any form of the time  (short, long,international,system) for the time. To see the difference between them look them up in the dictionary.

Regards
Tore Nilsen

-------
This mail contains no viruses or bacteria as it is electronically produced and untouched by human hands. Once printed it may or may not contain various microorganisms that can cause diseases. Print and hand out at own risk. Unsolicited distribution of this mail is prohibited.

> 09. aug. 2018 kl. 15:55 skrev Keith Clarke via use-livecode <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi folks,
> Please can anyone share the magic syntax to
>
> put today into tDate
>
> put now into the tTime
>
> I haven’t found a magic keyword to seed the docs or Google.
> Thanks
> Keith

Re: How to get LiveCode to return 'Today' & 'Now'?

Skip Kimpel via use-livecode
Thanks Brian (& Tore) - a brain-fade meant I clearly forgot ‘the obvious’ syntax  :-)

Best,
Keith