How to handle BasicAuth in Browser widget?

How to handle BasicAuth in Browser widget?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
This forum post is an interesting problem:
https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30796

By what means can our stacks use the standard Basic Auth dialog when
going to a page that requires it in the Browser widget?

Re: How to handle BasicAuth in Browser widget?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I think we would either need to add support for a callback or present a dialog natively. It might be possible to handle the load failed callback and check the error string then specify the username and pass in the URL though...

> On 29 Mar 2018, at 4:17 am, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> This forum post is an interesting problem:
> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30796
>
> By what means can our stacks use the standard Basic Auth dialog when going to a page that requires it in the Browser widget?
>
> --
> Richard Gaskin
> Fourth World Systems

Re: How to handle BasicAuth in Browser widget?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
Thanks, Monte.  Any guidance on what I might tell that new user in the
forums?

Monte Goulding wrote:

 > I think we would either need to add support for a callback or present
 > a dialog natively. It might be possible to handle the load failed
 > callback and check the error string then specify the username and pass
 > in the URL though...
 >
 >> On 29 Mar 2018, at 4:17 am, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> This forum post is an interesting problem:
 >> https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30796
 >>
 >> By what means can our stacks use the standard Basic Auth dialog when
 >> going to a page that requires it in the Browser widget?
 >> --
 >> Richard Gaskin

Re: How to handle BasicAuth in Browser widget?

Bob Sneidar via use-livecode
I vote for #2

Bob S