How to make a audio player using Revolution

How to make a audio player using Revolution

Ban Nguyen
I am new to Rev.  Could someone please help me how to create a audio
player? Thank you

Re: How to make a audio player using Revolution

Eric Chatonet
Hi Ban,

Welcome to this list.

Your question seems simple :-)
In fact it depends on many factors the first one of which is to know
if QuickTime is installed or not.
This will decide on which file types you will able to play from the
most common AIFF, WAV to AAC or mp3.
Then you will decide if you want the files stored in your stack or
stay as files on your hard-disk.
Then, you will want to be able to set the loudness, to start playing,
etc.
It's a whole world!

As for coding, you will use a player object the filename of which
will be set to a sound file on your hard disk or the play command id
the sound is stored in your stack.

To get started, you could check the following in the Docs dictionary:

play command
player keyword
currentTime property
playLoudness property
playRate property
playStopped message
sound function
start command
stop command

Le 8 juil. 05 à 22:19, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> I am new to Rev.  Could someone please help me how to create a audio
> player? Thank you

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

RE: How to make a audio player using Revolution

Ban Nguyen
Thank Eric

I have 5 .wav file

First I need to creat an array?
Could you give me some example how to code this.  I want user can click to play, pause, stop, rev or forward.  How do I code this?  Thank you for your help

In fact it depends on many factors the first one of which is to know
if QuickTime is installed or not.
This will decide on which file types you will able to play from the
most common AIFF, WAV to AAC or mp3.
Then you will decide if you want the files stored in your stack or
stay as files on your hard-disk.
Then, you will want to be able to set the loudness, to start playing,
etc.
It's a whole world!

As for coding, you will use a player object the filename of which
will be set to a sound file on your hard disk or the play command id
the sound is stored in your stack.

To get started, you could check the following in the Docs dictionary:

play command
player keyword
currentTime property
playLoudness property
playRate property
playStopped message
sound function
start command
stop command

Le 8 juil. 05 à 22:19, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> I am new to Rev.  Could someone please help me how to create a audio
> player? Thank you

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software

Re: How to make a audio player using Revolution

Eric Chatonet
Hi Ban,

Assuming that QT is installed:

1. Create a player object
2. Set the filename of the player to the filename of any WAV file you
have to hand in the properties inspector for the player.
3. Use the built-in commands of the player to start, stop, etc.

You can also place the player out of the card window and pilot it by
script: check all dictionary entries I gave you in a previous mail:
they allow to do that.
BTW, if you are a "newbie", it might be wise to begin with some more
easy project and go your way step by step.
You will find many kind people on this list to help you especially on
specific issues but, as you can understand it easily, it's not
possible to answer too large questions the replies of which would
have to be a complete 10 pages tutorial :-)
When such a tutorial exists, there will be somebody to tell you where
you can find it.
As far I know, there is not yet a tutorial about managing sounds with
Rev.

Le 9 juil. 05 à 00:12, Ban Nguyen a écrit :

> I have 5 .wav file
>
> First I need to creat an array?
> Could you give me some example how to code this.  I want user can
> click to play, pause, stop, rev or forward.  How do I code this?
> Thank you for your help

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software