How to "save" the IDE stack

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Suddenly on my multi-monitor set up

RevMenuBar appears left monitor: topLeft -1023,200
RevNavigator appear left monitor:  topLeft -420,442
RevTool  on the "bottom" monitor: topLeft  43,1456

OK so I can, from the message box, do this:

set the topleft of stack revMenubar to 0,20

  and it works. but

save stack revMenubar

Doesn't do anything, and, on reboot, the IDE stack still show up on different monitors at the same place

BR

Re: How to "save" the IDE stack

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
Probably the best thing to do is to store those instructions in a stack
which you save as a plugin to run at every start up of LiveCode.

Yes, I know that's a bother . . .

Richmond.

On 27.12.19 15:58, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:

> Suddenly on my multi-monitor set up
>
> RevMenuBar appears left monitor: topLeft -1023,200
> RevNavigator appear left monitor:  topLeft -420,442
> RevTool  on the "bottom" monitor: topLeft  43,1456
>
> OK so I can, from the message box, do this:
>
> set the topleft of stack revMenubar to 0,20
>
>    and it works. but
>
> save stack revMenubar
>
> Doesn't do anything, and, on reboot, the IDE stack still show up on different monitors at the same place
>
> BR

Re: How to "save" the IDE stack

On 12/27/19 5:58 AM, Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami via use-livecode wrote:

> Suddenly on my multi-monitor set up
>
> RevMenuBar appears left monitor: topLeft -1023,200
> RevNavigator appear left monitor:  topLeft -420,442
> RevTool  on the "bottom" monitor: topLeft  43,1456
>
> OK so I can, from the message box, do this:
>
> set the topleft of stack revMenubar to 0,20
>
>    and it works. but
>
> save stack revMenubar
>
> Doesn't do anything, and, on reboot, the IDE stack still show up on different monitors at the same place

Toss the preferences stack and let lc rebuild it.

Re: How to "save" the IDE stack

Stephen Barncard via use-livecode
@Mark
Right, I figured that was the only solution. One gets tired setting the prefs again each time you to do that
@Richard, Good idea to store as a plug-in stack. I already have CollectMyStacks. This would be the "same thing" but for the IDE

Toss the peferences stack and let lc rebuild it.