How to remove from a group

Can't find how to remove a button from a group of buttons. Tried this in
stack script:

on mouseup
      remove the target from group "presentations"
      grab the target
   end if
end mouseup

but says object is not in group. Checked it is.

--
Kaveh Bazargan
Director

Re: How to remove from a group

How about something like this in the button you want to remove from a group…
if the first word the owner of me is "Group" then

relayer me after the owner of me

end if

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Kaveh Bazargan via use-livecode <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can't find how to remove a button from a group of buttons. Tried this in
> stack script:
>
> on mouseup
>      remove the target from group "presentations"
>      grab the target
>   end if
> end mouseup
>
> but says object is not in group. Checked it is.
>
> --
> Kaveh Bazargan
> Director
> River Valley Technologies
> @kaveh1000
> +44 7771 824 111
> www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

Re: How to remove from a group

Astounding. Works. Thank you. Never had seen relayer!!!

On 3 August 2017 at 18:30, Randy Hengst via use-livecode <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> How about something like this in the button you want to remove from a
> group…
> if the first word the owner of me is "Group" then
>
> relayer me after the owner of me
>
> end if
>

> > On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Kaveh Bazargan via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Can't find how to remove a button from a group of buttons. Tried this in
> > stack script:
> >
> > on mouseup
> >      remove the target from group "presentations"
> >      grab the target
> >   end if
> > end mouseup
> >
> > but says object is not in group. Checked it is.
> >
> > --
> > Kaveh Bazargan
> > Director
> > River Valley Technologies
> > @kaveh1000
> > +44 7771 824 111
> > www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

Kaveh Bazargan
Director
River Valley Technologies
@kaveh1000
+44 7771 824 111
www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

Re: How to remove from a group

Sorry Randy. And how do I put an an object into a group? I tried

relayer before group "..."

but it just sends object to the back, not inside the group.

On 3 August 2017 at 18:46, Kaveh Bazargan <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> Astounding. Works. Thank you. Never had seen relayer!!!
>
> On 3 August 2017 at 18:30, Randy Hengst via use-livecode <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> How about something like this in the button you want to remove from a
>> group…
>> if the first word the owner of me is "Group" then
>>
>> relayer me after the owner of me
>>
>> end if
>>

>> > On Aug 3, 2017, at 11:52 AM, Kaveh Bazargan via use-livecode <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Can't find how to remove a button from a group of buttons. Tried this in
>> > stack script:
>> >
>> > on mouseup
>> >      remove the target from group "presentations"
>> >      grab the target
>> >   end if
>> > end mouseup
>> >
>> > but says object is not in group. Checked it is.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Kaveh Bazargan
>> > Director
>> > River Valley Technologies
>> > @kaveh1000
>> > +44 7771 824 111
>> > www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

> Kaveh Bazargan
> Director
> River Valley Technologies
> @kaveh1000
> +44 7771 824 111 <07771%20824111>
> www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

--
Kaveh Bazargan
Director
River Valley Technologies
@kaveh1000
+44 7771 824 111
www.rivervalleytechnologies.com

Re: How to remove from a group

dunbarx
Hi.

You have to relayer after a control actually within the group of interest. Something like: (Pseudo)

relayer "btnToInsert" after btn "btnWithinGroup"

Craig Newman